l&p as glue for tips???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
read quite some time ago( in a nail magazine) about a method for applying tips to a nail biter- apply l&p on the bitten skin, then apply tip into this while still wet- no glue, the l&p will dry with the tip in place. i guess its a method for non-sculpters. i do the saddle method if needed, as am not very confident with my sculpts( mainly getting the form on properly, i usually end up with a ledge underneath:o )so prefer to do tip and overlay. cant say i like the thought of trusting l&p to hold tips in place, plus wouldnt there be a mess underneath the tip? has anyone tried this method?

Applying L&P directly to the skin is an overexposure hazard and is no longer thought to be a safe method (plus it takes much longer to set than adhesive and can add 10 minutes to your service).
As for working and actually providing a good strong bond .... it does!

thanks geeg, was thinking it sounded unsafe, although the magazine said as it was being done initially, it didnt pose a risk, but i dont think its wise to take the chance.

how would you extend the nail bed with l&P on a nail biter?

by applying the l&p onto where the free edge should be ( the lovely lump). it all sounds like hard work to me, plus the obvious.
icon_confused.gif

So if your applying the l&p onto the lovely bump you are still overexposing??

I have had this done three or four times from qualified techs!

yes, if its on the skin. i have to confess i did practice some teeny sculpts on my nail biting 10 year old daughter- took me 3 hours, complete with nail art, gel glitter, hot pink french. she has severely bitten nails, really wanted to try it, and figured as shes my daughter she wont sue me if some allergic reaction occurs! she chewed and picked them all off 3 days later in choir! never again.

mine are severely bitten too.

i had mine done and they lasted about 5 days - I was quite impressed!

Fingertips ND said:
mine are severely bitten too.

i had mine done and they lasted about 5 days - I was quite impressed!
that makes me feel much better!

I was just going to say - if you ever need a model to practice on but.... your a bit far away! LOL

well, if your ever in perth, vicki!

i'll drop in on ya! x x

aaaaah , the old days ..... i remember when you could get tips with three little holes in the contact area, the excess acrylic would squeeze out of these holes when you stuck the tips on with acrylic

Latest posts

Back