L&P cured with UV Lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newatnails

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am doing my creative foundation course a.t.m. But, last year I did a 2 day course with a lady in Manchester who taught us (if you can be taught in 2 days, I have definately found no you can't), to do L&P with clear and white tips with a liquid and powder (no particular make), which was cured under a U.V. lamp, and I must say I had alot more success with this product which was a lot cheaper than Creatives, than I am having whilst doing my models with Creative L&P, for my course. I have done about 7 models in the last couple of weeks, and nearly all have them have lost nails in the first day or two, and some have lost them all!! I'm just wondering what it is I am doing wrong, I feel it must be the same thing on nearly every model. Could I be contaminating my product ? I do tend to have bits of product left on my brush after placing a bead on the tip/nail. I do wipe it off before I go back into the monomer, but maybe I am not getting rid of it all. I clean my brush every night in monomer, if I can see some product still in it, I clean it overnight in a brush cleaner. Is this the wrong thing to do ??
A friend that I did yesterday (took me 3 hours still), had a lovely set of nails, but she said one broke at a corner and fell off eventually, and most of them have come away, broke first then fell off today! I do notice sometimes on the left side of the nails when blending in (which takes me forever, I am using foundation tips recommended by my tutor), I tend to catch sometimes or over blend so they seem extremely thin, as if they could crack/break!!
But for them all to have had problems with them coming off, it must be something I am doing. All I want is to be a good technician and eventually be able to earn a living, especially here in Spain, where it's very difficult to get a job!
Anyway, if any of you could offer some advice it would be extremely appreciated.
Also was wondering if any one else uses L&P that cures with a U.V. lamp and what is your experience with this product ?:sad:

what uv product are you using? i trained with uv l&p

talk us through your prep hunny, step by step, that way we might be able to see if something is missing or not. when nails come off after such a short amount of time it's normally due to prep not being up to scratch.

Hi there,
First of all I get my model to wash her hands and I do mine, then put a little cool blue on myself and my model.
Then I shape the free edge, put a small amount of cuticle eraser on each nail, rub in to each nail, push cuticles back and remove any dead cuticle on nail, then ask customer to wash there hands again, lightly buff the natural nail plate, then on a lint free pad I put some scrubfresh on it, and for a few seconds on each nail I go over all the natural nail paying attention to the side walls and cuticle area. Then I start to fit the tips etcc.,, maybe I am sizing the tips wrongly!!
I have to be honest, I have used tip blender on a couple of models, it didn't actually help me much, but now I realise this would not have helped. But I've not used it on all my models

newatnails said:
Then I shape the free edge, put a small amount of cuticle eraser on each nail, rub in to each nail, push cuticles back

do u use cuticle eraser not remover?? i use remover - which is then washed off with citrus soak diluted with water . xx

if the client is washing their hands during the service then it could be making their nails too wet, when wet the nailplate swells, you then apply product on nails that aren't dehydrated sufficiently, as the nailplate shrinks back to 'normal' the enhancement would be put under pressure, this could be one of the reasons you're having problems.
have you read the Tutorials on prep?

pinkchicnails said:
do u use cuticle eraser not remover?? i use remover - which is then washed off with citrus soak diluted with water . xx
Hi there,
I use cuticle eraser, it's what came in my kit on the course - would it make a difference ?

As sandi was saying try dehydrating the nails with scrubfrsh and really amke sure that you remove all the cuticle and the cuticle remover.

S to breaking of it depends where they break if it is the edge then i would iamgine i is he client knocking them, if it is at the palce where the tip joins the natural nail then maybe you are over blending the tip or maybe not makign the apex strong enough.

making the change from uv acrylic to L&P is extremeley hard work in the begininga s it is really learning a new system. Perserve adn you will get there in the end. Best of luck

scattyfox said:
As sandi was saying try dehydrating the nails with scrubfrsh and really amke sure that you remove all the cuticle and the cuticle remover.

S to breaking of it depends where they break if it is the edge then i would iamgine i is he client knocking them, if it is at the palce where the tip joins the natural nail then maybe you are over blending the tip or maybe not makign the apex strong enough.

making the change from uv acrylic to L&P is extremeley hard work in the begininga s it is really learning a new system. Perserve adn you will get there in the end. Best of luck
Thanks for your help - there's one thing I do, is use scrubfresh and for 5 seconds on each nail, it could be down to not removing all the cuticle not sure, I will go thru this with my tutor again. As for building the apex, that's one that is going to take practise and I think again, my tutor needs to go over it again with me on my final day. But thanks again for all your help!

newatnails said:
it could be down to not removing all the cuticle not sure.
Cuticle Remover is (IMO) better at removal of non living tissue when doing enhancements on a new client, it is an amazing product.

Did you by any chance train originally with e-nails? - they're the only ones I know of that use UV L&P. xx

Latest posts

Back