L&P Nails on Radio 1

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sal

Reaction score
Did anyone hear Colin Murray (of the Colin and Edith show) having 2 inch l&p nails put on yesterday? It was hilarious :)

For those that don't listen to it - they currently have a quiz each day where it's girls v boys first to answer 5 random questions. Whichever sex wins the week, the other sex has to do a forfeit. So last week the girls won and Edith decided that Colin had to wear false nails for an afternoon!

I've forgotten the name of the lady that applied them but she came 2nd in one of the groups for fantasy nail art at the nailympics. She applied 2 inch tips, applied l&p, painted them shocking pink and put l&p 3D flowers on. Colin got really into it!:lol:

When they were finished Edith made him do some challenges:

- open a bag of crisps = he managed it
- open a can of coke = he couldn't do it
- undo a bra strap = he managed it (which he was very happy about :lol: )

And he found going to the toilet difficult!!!

He was going to the salon where the nail tech worked (The Retreat I think it was called, they also waxed him last week!!!) to have them removed.

I heard it - it was really funny!

It was hilarious when edith was getting worried that he was too into it :lol:

linzi said:
I heard it - it was really funny!

It was hilarious when edith was getting worried that he was too into it :lol:

Yes Edith was hilarious. Mind you, last night I know how she felt when I was removing my enhancements and Anthony was sat next to me filing his nails!!!

I am pleased that he's taking care of his nails now, I even had him rubbing in solar oil whilst I was doing mine!!!

have just been on the radio 1 website there are pictures of the nails and a write up on how to do manicures

a match made in heaven or oil! , bet he looked fabarooney! I heard it on radio1 just caught the nail olympics bit !!
Sal said:
Yes Edith was hilarious. Mind you, last night I know how she felt when I was removing my enhancements and Anthony was sat next to me filing his nails!!!

I am pleased that he's taking care of his nails now, I even had him rubbing in solar oil whilst I was doing mine!!!

:lol: just had a look on web page too, they look great!!!!

xx

Yes I heard it. Was v funny but the tech who applied them told him that she was just supergluing them on & then she told him he could pull them off later! Since I only heard bits of it while I was doing a client's nails, I don't know whether this bit was a joke or if she meant it. I hope it was only a joke & listeners don't think she said ok to do that!!!

Off to look at the pics, did you see the ones when he got a bikini wax?? lmao

I heard bits of it too. I got the impression there were 2 of them, one was called Margarite (SP???), and their company I thought was Destination, or something like that?

I was disappointed she kept referring to the nails as 'acrylic' - how are we meant to re-educate the public when prime opportunities like this are passed up?

Bryony said:
I heard bits of it too. I got the impression there were 2 of them, one was called Margarite (SP???), and their company I thought was Destination, or something like that?

I was disappointed she kept referring to the nails as 'acrylic' - how are we meant to re-educate the public when prime opportunities like this are passed up?

I know what you mean, Bryony, I had a discussion with a friend of mine last week about my price list because I quote 'Full set of liquid and powder enhancements' and she reckons I should just say 'acrylic nails' because that's what people recognise...... My point was that there is more to nails than just 'acrylic vs gel' and as a professional I have to use the correct terminology, whereas she was only looking at the marketing angle.

Yvette
x

I wondered what this was all about. At the time it was on the radio I was in town and I heard some of it in a shop.

I heard it too and it was funny. I did get a bit peeved at Edith when she kept referring to them as 'false nails'!! If I had not been driving I would have text in and told her!!! :wink2:

i caught the nailympics bit too then thay mentioned coming 2nd and i though arh i know that name....Margarita
she is a lovely lady and is an EzFlow Master Artist Educator for London
v talented!
when i got home last nite i had to check the r1 webby just in case and i was rite ... it sounded like they all had a fun time:)

Jess
xox

hmmm...did they actually apply l&p or did they just tip & polish? It looks like they just tipped them & then polished over the top without applying any l&p.

Anyone spot the free advertising on the pics????

Yes from the pics it looks like it was just tips and polish - and the tips look like they were put on with a full well area. Is this done in fantasy nail art?

I thought Colin looks very fetching with them done :)

Latest posts

Back