L&P or Gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EveNails

Reaction score
Hi all (again:o )

I am currently using L&P as taught by Creative, it's taking me minimum 2 and a half hours to do a full set. I know it will get faster with experience (I've been doing it since Feb) but I've seen how brilliant gel looks and was wondering if I should switch to Brisa gel.

My q's are : is it too soon to do a conversion as I haven't fully mastered L&P?

and is it easier to apply?, do I need to master L&P at all if gel is easier to apply?

Fankyoooo

Evenn x

Hi,

In my experience it is better to fully master one system before trying to master another. This way you dont get too confused.

What part of L&P are you finding takes the most time - when I was first learning, I found that the tip application was taking ages - if this is the case then it will still be the case if you are using gel.

In my area, I am only ever asked for "acrylic" nails - I have done less than 5 full sets of gels in 5 years on paying clients. I know that it is different in other areas.

I would not say that gel is easier to apply - it is very different and it may be too soon to confuse yourself by learning another system.

However, you might find, like lots of people, that you have a flair for gel and might love doing it and just take to it and may never need to do liquid and powder nails as all of your clients will flock to gel.

Hi, I originally learnt L&P as it is much harder to grasp than gel. (IMO) I have a ladie who has had L&P and gel and she prefers the L&P as those who are harder with their hands can wear L&P better as it absobs a knock better. I personally would master your L&P whilst it is still fresh in your head and then after a few application completed that you feel confident with, then try gel. It's your choice at the end of the day. Determination makes us all, have fun.

Fiona beat me to it! :o)

I agree with everyone else and would master one system first. I don't know about anyone else but I paid enough for the first course with Creative so would want to master what I was taught first before paying out for another course for another system!! I'd rather pay for a 121 to perfect one system! Where do you get your money from?

Nat Tov said:
Fiona beat me to it! :o)

Latest posts

Back