L&P with UV Top Coats

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollyballoo

Truly, Madly Geeky...
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of you are now choosing to use UV Top Coats such as Creative L&P with Brisa Finishing Gloss over your L&P rather than buffing and finishing your nails to a high gloss shine and if there are any downsides to this? Have you found it has helped your clients' enhancements last longer and kept them better protected?

I've gotten so used to the notion of "plasticizing" L&P with Solar Oil and "driving" that oil through the enhancement, I keep thinking are we cutting out an important part of the initial curing process - I know you can still apply the oil to the back of the free edge and around the cuticles of course, but all the same - it makes me wonder!

Hi hun

well i offer the brisa finishing gloss as an "extra" !

Some of my clients who choose to polish their enhancements occaisionally like the fact that once the polish is removed they do not have to re-buff their nails as the polish remover leaves them dull

I also use it on myself now as i find it really hard buffing up my right hand to a high shine - i think i need to build the muscles in my left hand/arm more ! lol also knowing how clumsy i can be sometimes, this way my nail always look in tip top condition !

I do not automatically put it on clients, i like to buff, however it is there as an add on service and i will offer it to all

kx

Hi Karen

How much extra do you charge for the UV gloss finish on l&p? I have done it for clients that like to wear polish but have never charged anything extra for it.

Although my clients are gel lovers when I do L&P I use a gel top coat. I will buff but I tell them for an extra €4 or £2 they can have a high gloss shine and they always go for it.
I have used NSI Permagloss, Star Nails gf21 and Balance finish but recently I found Christrio Permatop and this is brilliant.

there was a thread on here last week about using faze 2 topcoat over polish - would that work over l&p and nail art?

Hi

I offer Brisa top gloss for an extra charge i would say 95% go for except for the odd tight wad. :smack:

IMO it protects the nails and whatever they do they still look glossy. Our clients love it because the ones who are too heavy handed get the strength of L+P with the glossiness of gel :cool:

Do you have to 'cure' Brisa top gloss with a lamp if you use it over l&p?

JCS said:
Do you have to 'cure' Brisa top gloss with a lamp if you use it over l&p?

Yes you do, as it's still a UV gel.. I could only recommend you use the BRiSA lamp as you may get undesired results if you don't... ie BRiSA lamps are of a high efficiency bulb and without it, you can not gaurantee complete cure. HTH

I've gotten so used to the notion of "plasticizing" L&P with Solar Oil and "driving" that oil through the enhancement, I keep thinking are we cutting out an important part of the initial curing process - I know you can still apply the oil to the back of the free edge and around the cuticles of course, but all the same - it makes me wonder!

Applying the gel as a top coat does not interfere with the polymerisation.........
We use Soalar oil to block out the oxygene, hence speeding up the curing process, so the gel, as it is non porous, will do the same and not cause any problems........

I personaly prefere to buff in the Solar Oil, squeak the nail with scrubfresh and then buff with a girlfriend buffer to a high shine.......... but everybody has their own favorite method......

Latest posts

Back