Large Swarovski crystals setting

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beauty Tips

Reaction score
Hiya,

So I've got the knack down to keep smaller crystals set but when I used the larger crystals they didn't last very long at all.
I normally set them in uncured hard gel and then cure, fill in gaps and cure and then top coat around the whole nail and cure.

They sit quite high on the nail so it's hard to get them flush without trying to 'fill' with gel.
How do you get the larger crystals to sit?

I was on holiday so maybe it was the sun cream but the smaller crystals were fine.

TIA ;);)

I have used a blob of acrylic and it lasts till you have to soak off.
Think hard gel could potentially work depending on what you are doing with your hands maybe !

I’ve tried gel several times and lost the crystals every time as the gel was uncured underneath.
I also use acrylic to secure the big ones

Thanks both!

Oh ok yeah that's probably it then, the gel isn't curing and then they just pop off
Such a nightmare as I don't offer acrylic anymore, I do have some though so I'll try it. What do you do - use a wet bead and pop the crystal in it before it hardens?

Thanks

Thanks both!

Oh ok yeah that's probably it then, the gel isn't curing and then they just pop off
Such a nightmare as I don't offer acrylic anymore, I do have some though so I'll try it. What do you do - use a wet bead and pop the crystal in it before it hardens?

Thanks
Yes just a tiny bit then wipe any excess off...

Latest posts

Back