Lash fills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilu

Reaction score
Hi! I am still a little new to lashing and having struggles while giving a lash fill. What should be a simple task ends up taking me longer than a full set. I sometimes feel overwhelmed while removing outgrown or twisted lashes. Even when the fill is complete I still find lashes that are not in the correct direction and look unappealing.
I was trained to use the banana peel method and remover only if absolutely needed. I feel like I am missing something here and just looking for any tips or advice.
It would be so much appreciated!

I don’t tend to remove lashes when doing a infill- just let them come of on their own. I just quickly tidy/separate any old lashes or even do it as I go along- putting in as many new lashes as possible within the hour.
What do you mean by the banana peel method what’s this? Is it separating a lash extension from the natural lash? As I find sometimes if you do this and the lash is really stuck to the natural lash by then trying to remove it can make it worse and go in a funny direction, usually by putting new lashes in will put/ help hold the older lashes in place.
I may be wrong and maybe others can help but I think maybe you should try concentrate on putting new lashes in during a infill rather than taking old ones out- usually if they are really loose they just come out when separating at the end of the infill.

I don’t tend to remove lashes when doing a infill- just let them come of on their own. I just quickly tidy/separate any old lashes or even do it as I go along- putting in as many new lashes as possible within the hour.
What do you mean by the banana peel method what’s this? Is it separating a lash extension from the natural lash? As I find sometimes if you do this and the lash is really stuck to the natural lash by then trying to remove it can make it worse and go in a funny direction, usually by putting new lashes in will put/ help hold the older lashes in place.
I may be wrong and maybe others can help but I think maybe you should try concentrate on putting new lashes in during a infill rather than taking old ones out- usually if they are really loose they just come out when separating at the end of the infill.

Thank you I appreciate your reply! I will do as you suggest next appt and focus on the process of “filling”. I was tained to “remove and replace” but it’s just not realistic and not working for me. I love that this board is available and value your reply. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back