Lash lift advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shell.Bell

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently completed a lash lift course with lash base. I felt confident and excited and tried to practice on my mother in law. She is 70 and when I tried to put the shield on or anytime she closed her eyes they seem to disappear! I couldn't get the shield on, disputed cutting it down, and to be honest even if I had manage to it didn't seem like there wasn't enough eyelash to perm without risking frizzy ends. Her eyes are small and sunken in. It seemed like there was so much skin. It's knocked me now! I practiced on my husband after (don't laugh) and I got the shield on fine. Is there a trick to this I'm missing.
TIA

It sounds like your lady might not be suitable for this treatment.
You can use micro tape to 'lift' the lid slightly....but the problem is, as we age our lashes get shorter, and become like little straight 'spikes'....(sorry for such a bad description LOL)
This makes fixing the lash around a shield, nigh on impossible, there is just not enough there to wrap!:(

Thank you so much, I was feeling so awful! Like I was missing the obvious.
Thanks again x

You know the ladies with the shortest lashes are always the most grateful. You absolutely can get them on the rods/shields even if they are really short.
I would use Kindly Remove tape. Cut it into strips and pull the eyelid skin up with that to keep them up and off the lid and secure the tape in place. Maybe rods might be a better option for her. Then lift the lashes on to the shield. You will be amazed that even extremely short lashes will go up and they make such a difference to the client.
I think having the eyelid skin in your way probably hindered you but next time just secure the skin with tape and it will be a completely different experience x

Ahh okay, I think I will do a few more so I'm not so fumbly and then try her again using that method. Thank you x

Try cutting the scalloped section off of the shields

You know the ladies with the shortest lashes are always the most grateful. You absolutely can get them on the rods/shields even if they are really short.
I would use Kindly Remove tape. Cut it into strips and pull the eyelid skin up with that to keep them up and off the lid and secure the tape in place. Maybe rods might be a better option for her. Then lift the lashes on to the shield. You will be amazed that even extremely short lashes will go up and they make such a difference to the client.
I think having the eyelid skin in your way probably hindered you but next time just secure the skin with tape and it will be a completely different experience x
Hi, thanks so much,
Is there a particular place to put the tape. I've watch videos that say inner and outer corner is that right?
Thanks

Hi, thanks so much,
Is there a particular place to put the tape. I've watch videos that say inner and outer corner is that right?
Thanks
I usually use 3 or 4 of the cut strips and place vertically on the lid and nicely spaced apart. So one piece near the inner and pull up and secure and then just go across the lid and place them where they are needed. The knidly remove tape is great as it's much. gentler on the skin. If you are using a very sticky tape then just de-tack it a few times so that it doesn't pull the skin as much. :)

Where do you get that tape I can't find it anywhere?
Tia
M

Latest posts

Back