Lash lift - taping bottom lashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PicklePie

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips for taping the bottom lashes please?

I’ve tried using micropore tape and the spongier 3M tape. It seems to start off in the right place but by the time I’ve added the rods, the tape seems to have moved up. This is causing a problem with both placement of the top lashes and crinkling of the bottom lashes. I’m guessing it’s something really simple.

Many thanks in advance.

Hey I use under-eye pads to cover bottom lashes then release when you do the tinting... working well so far.

Just make sure you press down and stretch the pad flat.

Hope that helps

I’ve stopped using them now. I find it more comfortable for clients and quicker for me

Hey I use under-eye pads to cover bottom lashes then release when you do the tinting... working well so far.

Just make sure you press down and stretch the pad flat.

Hope that helps

Which pads do you use please?

I’ve stopped using them now. I find it more comfortable for clients and quicker for me

So you don’t tape them down, just leave them bare?

So you don’t tape them down, just leave them bare?

Yes. I just gently open the eye slightly as I go along to ensure none of the bottom lashes are caught up. Clients say they find it more comfortable

Thank you. Does this cause staining when it’s time to tint? Or do you use a barrier cream? There’s obviously less mess with the Belmacil shield but I would expect some staining.

I pop petroleum jelly around the eye and a paper shield under the bottom lashes. There’s no staining.
IMG_2173.JPG

Fabulous. Thank you so much [emoji4]

I use the gel under eye pads but I also lift without anything, it depends if I’m at work or not, I just make sure not to catch any of the bottom lashes when I stick up the lashes, I HATE the tape, it’s rubbish!

Latest posts

Back