leaflet production/advertising - your advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisehartje

Reaction score
Hi!!

I am wanting your opinions/advice.....

When I first started advertising for clients (I do leaflet drops) I used a flyer, A5 size, which I did on the computer , with prices on and all the usual stuff. As I can now offer acrylics I want to do something better.

just wanted to know, if you do leaflets to advertise, what format you use ie A5 one sided flyer or a pamphlet or whatever, and do you do it yourself or get them done professionally at a printers??

Would love to know as I am thinking of getting them done at a printers on pukka paper and so they look A+!

You could also just post a business card through the letterboxes.

I did folded DLs that I printed myself (3rd of A4 like a menu) they were really nice but I didnt like the idea of people binning them, then I did a single DL front n back and that was cool, but my best thing was my business cards that had a great pic on front with name n tel no. and price list on the back - there is a tiny mistake on them (print error) but they are the business! (hehe!) Easy to take away, fits in your wallet & has all the info you need on.

Oh just want to add that I also grade my leaflet by where its gonna go, A5 on normal paper is grand for door2door, leaflets on good paper are good for personally handing to people (outside school etc) and bus cards are good in salon, out shopping etc.

RedAdmiral said:
I did folded DLs that I printed myself (3rd of A4 like a menu) they were really nice but I didnt like the idea of people binning them, then I did a single DL front n back and that was cool, but my best thing was my business cards that had a great pic on front with name n tel no. and price list on the back - there is a tiny mistake on them (print error) but they are the business! (hehe!) Easy to take away, fits in your wallet & has all the info you need on.

i like the sound of your business cards where did you get them done like that hun?
x

scattyfox said:
i like the sound of your business cards where did you get them done like that hun?
x

I Have mine like this, but instead of price list I have appointments on the back.
BusinessCardFront_thumb.jpg

I got mine from vista print, great quality at good prices;
http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/frfuk?frf=480916462980
You will get 25% off your order with this link

Hi I do a double sided A5 flier which has a list of my services on front, and then a full price list on the back. Iget a good response and designed it on my PC.

Tried the a4 fliers folded and got little response.

That's just my experience personally.
Hope this helps!!

Latest posts

Back