Learn at home

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K Woodward

Reaction score
Hi all
I am just about to start my learn at home acyrilc course this is the first course I have done and am really excited, but also a little worried, is this the right way to start, i want to study all aspects of nail technlogy thoroughly is the manual enough, are there other books i can use, I want to be a brilliant nail tec,
with great knowledge, and excellent skills. Good advice is what i need .
Any out there.

Who is your course with? Is it done partly over the internet or something? Can't get my head round how it would work coz there are so many questions that need to be asked and things. I have almost completed my 4 day creative course on l&p and found it really hard...getting more into it now mkind, but it looks so much easier when your sitting there watching somebody pampering you, i got quite a shock when i started with it all! lol

Anyway, I'm sure it will be good, as there all tried and tested i would of thought and what works for one...

Best of luck

Gemma xx

hi there,

Just thought I'd add this link

http://www.thenailgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4960&highlight=marian+newman+text+book

marian newman (mum) wrote one of the books she mentions, and many of the geeks (inlcuding myself) rely on it for excellent information to top up your knowledge.
She has also listed two others that may be of help (i also have the encyclopedia of nails, and found this useful too!)

HTH x

K Woodward said:
Hi all
I am just about to start my learn at home acyrilc course this is the first course I have done and am really excited, but also a little worried, is this the right way to start, i want to study all aspects of nail technlogy thoroughly is the manual enough, are there other books i can use, I want to be a brilliant nail tec,
with great knowledge, and excellent skills. Good advice is what i need .
Any out there.
Hiya,
A home learn course is great for getting you started!! that's how i first started as i had a very young child and worked full time. I then decided i needed to go into a classroom course!! Simply because a video cannot tell you if you are doing something wrong!!!!

As far as books go The Complete Nail Technician II Edition by Marian Newman is absolutly fantastic, it has everything you need to know about Nails!!!
Amanda

p.s i am a distributor for Marians book

OFF THREAD:

I think I have just been given negative rep for my post?
please PM me if you gave me rep (i've only received one rep for this post on this thread)
If so, could you clarify why please. However, I realise it may well have been done with the intention of giving positive rep - just wanted to check what I may have done wrong?? I'm just a worrier!

Ooh Laura
Hope you didn't get neg rep points for recommending mny book :confused:. Sure it was a mistake on someones part.

Thank you anyway (and Lily). You don't get rich from writing textbooks but I am happy to help so feel free to ask me anything (PN or post)

Marian

The learn at home course is by essential nails,
You buy the course from them, get all the equipment you need plus the trainer hand,video and manual, follow the video save you work on to progress charts send the work back for examination.

Hi I decided today to visited the local college and courses start in july, so i will do my learn at home course, hopefully finish it by july "as i too work full time" and start the college course in july. Thanks for the advice on the book, Its first on my shopping list

enjoy your home learn course...........i did.
books that really helped me
where "the complete nail technician second addition(and first helped me alot) by marian newman aka MUM
also "nail structure and product chemistry" by doug schoon
both these books are must haves.
also keep coming on here and searching all the threads...........they really do help.
and remember if you need help on here you have the best nail technicians on here to help you..........they helped me..........ALOT
enjoy
:hug:

Latest posts

Back