legal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yasmin

Reaction score
Hi I wonder if anyone can help.

My friend has a beauty salon and rents part of her salon to a hairdresser. The trouble is for a while now the hairdresser has been coming in to work looking quite scruffy, smelling of booze and messing up her clients hair. In turn the clients have been complaining to the salon owner. This girl has worked in the salon for about 5 years and has no contract with the salon owner. She has spoken to this girl over the years about her conduct but things just seem to be going fron bad to worse. My friend is seeking legal advise at the moment but I thought I'd ask you geeks if you have had any similar experiences. If she wants her out could she just give her notice?
Thanks

Depends on what the pair have previously agreed. A contract can exist even if it's not in writing because a verbal agreement can be binding.
It sounds like she can probably give her notice but if not...
She must start putting things in writing detailing the specific problems, her expectations of what's required and some timescales for things to improve.
Basic staff management stuff really.

Depends on what the pair have previously agreed. A contract can exist even if it's not in writing because a verbal agreement can be binding.
It sounds like she can probably give her notice but if not...
She must start putting things in writing detailing the specific problems, her expectations of what's required and some timescales for things to improve.
Basic staff management stuff really.[/QUOT

Hi, thanks for that.

Latest posts

Back