Level 1 knowledge and understanding questions am i on the right track?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmw5494

Reaction score
I am just posting my questions and answers to see if im answering correctly if not could you possibly help guide me in the right direction.

B.State your responsibilities and reasons for maintaining personal hygiene, protect and appearance according to accepted industry and organisational standards.
It is very important to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance as it send out a strong message about you and your occupation. Bathing daily, wearing deodrant, brushing teeth twice daily or more if eating strong smelling foods as bad odours are very offputting. Appearance is as equally important hair tied back off the face in a bun with clean short nails shows you take pride in your appearance. Wearing flat closed in toe shoes shows your following guidelines set by VTCT and the flat shoes are more sturdy than heels meaning your less likely to have an accident wearing flat shoes than heels. Washing hands before and after treatments shows you care about the standard of hygiene presented to clients so you always maintain the high standard to prevent you any client from possible cross-infection.

C.State the importance of and reasons for keeping records of treatment.
It is important to keep record of treatments because when you offer a treatment you always note down the to product range used so you and other therapist know what products the client has. If an allergy every occured you note it down so therapists are aware not to use the offending product. Also if a client ever took legal action agaisnt you, you can show evidence of the treatment, what products were used, or if there was any contra-actions.

F.State the salon's procedure for storing materials and equipment.
All chemicals are stored in a locked cupboard only available to staff if student require anything out of the cupboard they need to ask staff. All salons have a cupboard with the essentials for treatments such as eye make-up remover, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, masks, wax strips, pre wax lotion, after wax lotion, tissues, spatulas, surgical spirit, barbacide, bedroll etc. These should all be stored upright in a cool environment away from sunlight, the cupboard must be locked when not in use.

I think I have answered these correctly but as your all professionals you will probably know the answers and guide me in the right direction if im wrong. Also do you mind if i post my answers up like this for my knowledge and understanding questions and if possible someone check them over. Its okay if nobody wants to, I would ask my tutors but were off for half-term so I can't get them to check over them.

Thanks for any help in advance xxx

I am just posting my questions and answers to see if im answering correctly if not could you possibly help guide me in the right direction.

B.State your responsibilities and reasons for maintaining personal hygiene, protect and appearance according to accepted industry and organisational standards.
It is very important to maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance as it send out a strong message about you and your occupation. Bathing daily, wearing deodrant, brushing teeth twice daily or more if eating strong smelling foods as bad odours are very offputting. Appearance is as equally important hair tied back off the face in a bun with clean short nails shows you take pride in your appearance. Wearing flat closed in toe shoes shows your following guidelines set by VTCT and the flat shoes are more sturdy than heels meaning your less likely to have an accident wearing flat shoes than heels. Washing hands before and after treatments shows you care about the standard of hygiene presented to clients so you always maintain the high standard to prevent you any client from possible cross-infection.

C.State the importance of and reasons for keeping records of treatment.
It is important to keep record of treatments because when you offer a treatment you always note down the to product range used so you and other therapist know what products the client has. If an allergy every occured you note it down so therapists are aware not to use the offending product. Also if a client ever took legal action agaisnt you, you can show evidence of the treatment, what products were used, or if there was any contra-actions.

F.State the salon's procedure for storing materials and equipment.
All chemicals are stored in a locked cupboard only available to staff if student require anything out of the cupboard they need to ask staff. All salons have a cupboard with the essentials for treatments such as eye make-up remover, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, masks, wax strips, pre wax lotion, after wax lotion, tissues, spatulas, surgical spirit, barbacide, bedroll etc. These should all be stored upright in a cool environment away from sunlight, the cupboard must be locked when not in use.

I think I have answered these correctly but as your all professionals you will probably know the answers and guide me in the right direction if im wrong. Also do you mind if i post my answers up like this for my knowledge and understanding questions and if possible someone check them over. Its okay if nobody wants to, I would ask my tutors but were off for half-term so I can't get them to check over them.

Thanks for any help in advance xxx

Your answers look good to me hun, it's nice to have students who ask for help, rather then an expectation that someone on here will do their homework for them:hug::lol:
Please do ask and post, welcome to salon geek, we're a bit mad but mostly harmless:eek:
Don't forget to use the search bar at the top right of the page, we've been going quiet a few years now and a lot of in depth subjects have been covered, I've found it a great tool for answering all those 'why' questions that you might not want to raise in class.
Also anything you might not want to post in the open; you can always pm (private message) someone whom you feel will best be able to help you.
Good luck with your course hun, I think you're going to do well:hug:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Great info about pm didn't know that.

Hiya,

Welcome to Salon Geek, as said already it's nice to see someone attempting the questions and asking for help rather than just posting all their questions.
It is a very good peice of work, I am unsure of how much detail is required at Level one as I teach Level 2 & 3 but I would ask for a bit more information on C regarding an allergic reaction.
I would also ask for more details on the last question with regards to COSHH and then I would certainly pass you, the work is very good. Well Done:green:

Latest posts

Back