Level 3 or salon job :(

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteffiMc

Reaction score
Hi there I am looking for a bit of advice I have finished my level 2 a few months ago and then moved down south so had to leave the salon I done all my training in, it has really knocked my confidence as I am 25 in October so a late starter, ideally I'd like to be straight back in a salon but worried that no1 will give me a second glance should I go on and do my level 3 at college first or is there any hope of me getting a job just at level 2 and then doing level 3 in my spare time?? I'm so fed up at home!!! :(

hmmm... tat's a toughy. I am going through that situation myself i finished my L2 and had to decide between getting a job or going for a L3. I decided to add to branch my quals instead and do complementary therapies while applying for part time jobs that would allow me to do my course and work the days that i am not in college. only problem is i went for an interview a couple of weeks ago and i'm quite confident she will call me for a trade test but she wants me to work on a tuesday which is a practicle day in the college so i might have shot myself in the foot there. anyway i'm not really waitting for her to call as she says she will take till the end of the month before she does the tests so i am applying for jobs in other places in the meantime. I hope that helps. gd luck anyway with watever you decidexxx:wink2:

Im thinking of doing other bits and pieces too tanning, eyelashes etc. I really miss being in the salon I'm just hoping that something will come up during the Christmas period even if it is just temp, it's horrible because I absolutely love love love hairdressing and I work my butt off at anything I do but just can't get the chance of even an interview at the minute. So disheartening :( won't stop me trying though :)

Im thinking of doing other bits and pieces too tanning, eyelashes etc. I really miss being in the salon I'm just hoping that something will come up during the Christmas period even if it is just temp, it's horrible because I absolutely love love love hairdressing and I work my butt off at anything I do but just can't get the chance of even an interview at the minute. So disheartening :( won't stop me trying though :)

good for you steff, i can't get a chance either many salon owners are looking for experience rather than just quals which is understandable to me but i always tell them in the interview don't judge me for the fact that i just qualified but let me show you what i can do. however i also noticed that it stands you in good stead if you have a bit of beauty quals and experience on your c.v. at least then if you can't get through enough clients in hairdressing you can always rent a room out to do the tanning and the lashes and extras you have. i love hairdressing but i'm treating these as my support wall. it might take time for us but i think we will definetly come out on top at the end of it. good luck and never quit tryiingxxxx:D

Yes pippy I'm the same with the support wall, I done all my training in a salon too so hopefully that will stand good for me, it's like you say if they just let us show them what we can do! Hopefully at Christmas time it will all busy up and I'll get atleast a call :) I hope you get something soon :) xx

Yes pippy I'm the same with the support wall, I done all my training in a salon too so hopefully that will stand good for me, it's like you say if they just let us show them what we can do! Hopefully at Christmas time it will all busy up and I'll get atleast a call :) I hope you get something soon :) xx
thanks hun and yes i do think it will stand in good stead for you employers always look for someone whose had salon experience rather than just college quals. for myself i'm working towards getting my driving license and a car and if i don't get anything by then i will be looking towards going mobile. so that might be something you could think about.xxx:D

thanks hun and yes i do think it will stand in good stead for you employers always look for someone whose had salon experience rather than just college quals. for myself i'm working towards getting my driving license and a car and if i don't get anything by then i will be looking towards going mobile. so that might be something you could think about.xxx:D

I have considered it I do the odd one now for a bit of extra money here and there but if I'm honest I don't feel that confident having not done my level 3 yet, I am totally able it's just like I say a confidence thing! Plus having the funds to get a good bulk of colour etc to start out :o/ xx

Latest posts

Back