lifting bio sculpture.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jobod

Reaction score
Hi there this is my 1st time! i've been doing nails for 2 yrs now and 19 mths ago i converted to bio sculpture which i really like. i do my own nails and have been doing from the beginning. my problem is this: recently ive noticed my gel lifting really badly from the free edge, the last time it was so bad i had to re do the whole lot after 7 days but instead of having to soak them off (i cant infill my own) i just peeled them off. the gel comes off in a whole piece. its as if my nails are rejecting the stuff! none of my regulars suffer this problem. can anyone help please!:rolleyes:

jobod said:
Hi there this is my 1st time! i've been doing nails for 2 yrs now and 19 mths ago i converted to bio sculpture which i really like. i do my own nails and have been doing from the beginning. my problem is this: recently ive noticed my gel lifting really badly from the free edge, the last time it was so bad i had to re do the whole lot after 7 days but instead of having to soak them off (i cant infill my own) i just peeled them off. the gel comes off in a whole piece. its as if my nails are rejecting the stuff! none of my regulars suffer this problem. can anyone help please!:rolleyes:

Hi Welcome to the site.
Just a few things that spring to mind.

• Have you changed your UV Bulbs since you've been using biosculpture?
  • Are you capping your free edges?
  • The thing is that most times we rush our own nails, but do other people's to perfection, which is rightly so.
  • Do you use executive base, if you do, try not to.
  • Are you buffing your own nails lightly before you put the gel on?
  • Is there residue of old gel that might still be on when you apply a new set?

Cant really think of anything else!

ADiva1 said:
Hi Welcome to the site.
Just a few things that spring to mind.
  • Have you changed your UV Bulbs since you've been using biosculpture?
  • Are you capping your free edges?
  • The thing is that most times we rush our own nails, but do other people's to perfection, which is rightly so.
  • Do you use executive base, if you do, try not to.
  • Are you buffing your own nails lightly before you put the gel on?
  • Is there residue of old gel that might still be on when you apply a new set?
Cant really think of anything else!
thanks 4 all of that. its not the bulbs as ive changed them recently. i dont use exec base either. i re did them last night and made sure i buffed them and licked the edges which i admit i dont usually do.

Hi there

Are you curing it long enough?
Is your brush dry enough after you have cleaned it?

Have you looked in your training manual for problem shooting? There's a section in there which suggests all possible scenarios. Might be worth having a look.

Are you by any chance using S gel?
Are your nails flaky?

If you still find you are getting nowhere finding a solution drop your training centre an email, they're always only too glad to help.

Let us all know if you find out what's causing it.

Deb379

Latest posts

Back