lipgloss allergy?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldilox

Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, i think im allergic to lipgloss. i can wear lipgloss without a problem but the next day i have little red spots all around my lips mainly on the top lip. i dont thave the problem with lipstick or lipbalm just gloss ive tried lots of dirrent makes and always hav the same problem, anybody else get this or know if there is something in lipgloss that can cause a reaction that isnt in other lip products?
x:rolleyes:

i have a similar problem when wearing lip gloss my lips get really sore and chapped and vaseline makes them just as bad, i have to use aqueous cream to keep them moist, i know a lot of people use this if they suffer with their skin.

If the lipgloss is going onto your skin it may be blocking the pores around your lips, which would cause spots. Try applying it to just inside the lipline.

You could also try applying a natural coloured lipstick first, then your lipgloss over the top (this is what I do). Then the gloss is not in contact with your skin.

Latest posts

Back