Liquid?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lissie

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is there any other liquids other than Retention+ that you do not need a primer for?

Lissie x

i think Supply Source does one, but i have no idea if it´s a good product or not. Never tried any of their products.

cyberlaika said:
i think Supply Source does one, but i have no idea if it´s a good product or not. Never tried any of their products.

Who is supply source? is there a website?

Lissie x

Retention+ is the only monomer that covalently bonds to keratin and needs no primer. This patented technology was innovated by Creaive Nail Design chemists and is owned by Creative Nail Design.

hmmm, just checked, and Supply Source do do a primerless liquid. As I said before i have no idea about the quality of this product. I use Retention + myself and wouldn´t swap it with any other brand of liquid,as I think this is the best. Anyway, they sell it at www.nailsplusbeauty.com and www.idonails.com.
Which monomer are you using at the moment, Lissie?

geeg said:
Retention+ is the only monomer that covalently bonds to keratin and needs no primer. This patented technology was innovated by Creaive Nail Design chemists and is owned by Creative Nail Design.

As I said ... the only.

I use retention+ and its brill, i only asked out of curiosity really!

Lissie x

I'm not going to send out the 'hit squad' becaused you asked hun. :) It is just I wanted to make it clear that anyone else who is selling a primerless liquid is not selling Retention+ or anything like Retention+. You can use any liquid without a primer ... they just won't work as well that's all.

brill thanks, can you explain the purpose of the primer for me?

x

Most primers are used to dehydrate the nail surface and make it more chemically compatible to the L&P so that it will adhere for longer. The bond created is a hydrogen bond and nothing like as strong as the bond created with retention+ which is a covalent bond (meaning that the product actually becomes one with the surface of the plate). No other system has this type of bond hence the lifting problems and the necessity to use primer to help the product stick. HTH

That's Brill thanks Geeg.

Lissie x x x :p

as said in another thread - i used to use other systems - and had to use primer - i now use retention+ and have not yet (to date) had to use primer, for me its retention+ all the way

Latest posts

Back