LloydsTSB Business Banking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TweezerHappy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going with Lloyds for my business bank account for convenience. I have my current account with them so I'm thinking money will transfer instantly and I already know where all the branches are and opening times of the ones closest to me. I can pay in money via ATM so guessing they can do this with business accounts.

Anyone had any experience with Lloyds business banking?
Posted via Mobile Device

I have unfortunatly and twice the lady didn't turn up for the meeting to open the account, she'd gone on holiday and forgot to let me know she couldn't make it! May i just add i was also left waiting for an hour whilst the manager of the branch was trying to find out what had happened (as he thought i had obviously got the day wrong :rolleyes:)

Then he realised that the lady in question was his mother in law to be and had gone away with his fiance for a long weekend! :eek: Well to say i wasn't impressed was an understatment.
Then her manager phoned me up later that day and i received quite alot of abuse down the phone! ....She was meant to be phoning to apologise!

I went with barclays in the end although the gentlemen didn't turn up for the first meeting either :lol: (i can laugh about it now) after 5 mins of waiting past the appointment time a girl behind the counter spent 20 mins on phone trying to find out what was going on, she couldn't of been any more helpful if she'd of tried, i then received a call the following monday to apologise as he was off ill and they had rang all his appointments to cancel bar me:mad: anyway few days later he arranged to come and see me and i got a very good deal out of it! and i havn't got a complaint..apart from my friend who opened up shortly after me got a better deal with HSBC :lol:

I'm thinking of going with Lloyds for my business bank account for convenience. I have my current account with them so I'm thinking money will transfer instantly and I already know where all the branches are and opening times of the ones closest to me. I can pay in money via ATM so guessing they can do this with business accounts.

Anyone had any experience with Lloyds business banking?
Posted via Mobile Device

DON'T DO IT!!! There business bankings the worst ever! I have a personal & business with them and had nothing but problems.

They dont allow you to link personal and business accounts so if you transfer your money it takes a couple of days.

Their internet banking is not real time meaning the balance is days old!

If you pay cash in to your account it will not be available until the next day.

They then cancel business cards for going overdrawn even though the balance shows as a credit!

Their business managers are all in a call centre, you never see them and you cannot see someone in branch if you need too!

Go with RBS I have had two business accounts with them and there superb! My business and personal accounts are linked. The internets real time and theres plenty of people around to help.

They also give you help towards starting out.

Kate

Go with RBS I have had two business accounts with them and there superb! My business and personal accounts are linked. The internets real time and theres plenty of people around to help.

They also give you help towards starting out.

Kate

They GIVE you help towards starting out. Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

They GIVE you help towards starting out. Really?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not money :green:! They advise on your insurances, and give you start up discs for business plans and put you in touch with local business advisors too.

They also have inbranch advisors to help you get your finances straight.

All super service

Kate x

I am with Lloyds and have no trouble with them at all. I have been able to see my business manager when I wanted and she is always on the end of the phone if I have any problems.
I had no trouble when I first opened my account and wanted a business loan and then six months later I needed a new loan and she advised me to wait a couple of days so I could get a better rate.
I find their internet banking very good as well, it is always up to date and every Monday I get a text telling me my balance.
I looked around when I wanted a loan. I tried Barclays and they were not interested in helping me.
Kirsty

I had banking with Lloyds, free for 18 months and apart from a few issues with the internet banking I had no problems. My local branch is in a village with free parking outside and the staff were very helpful, plus they knew everyones name as it is only the locals that really use it.

Then I moved house and my new local branch was in the middle of a pedestrian only street so had to park to far away plus pay something like £2.50 to park my car for 20mins! So I changed to Alliance & Leicester and I can now pay in at any post office branch with no parking charges !

I bank with Lloyds with no problem.
Remember it's not a legal requirment to have a business account until you have a turnover over a certain amout ( can't remember what it is but they can tell you .
When I went to open my account I was told it would be better ( financally) for me to have a personal account untill that time, as I would avoid any charges related to transactions.
HTH
:hug:

I bank with Lloyds with no problem.
Remember it's not a legal requirment to have a business account until you have a turnover over a certain amout ( can't remember what it is but they can tell you .
When I went to open my account I was told it would be better ( financally) for me to have a personal account untill that time, as I would avoid any charges related to transactions.
HTH

I currently work full time and when I start part time mobile I don't know when I'll have time to open a business account.

I was just trying to get organised before I started properly but now you're saying I don't have to have a business account straight away.

Oh, I don't know.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've got 2 current accounts with Lloyds and have been with them for 25 years.
I enquiried about a business account with them but decided against it as I found it complicated.

My husband has 2 accounts with Lloyds also. I don't think they would want to lose 4 accounts if they got funny with me, so I will continue to until I start earning big bucks then will think about a business account.

I currently work full time and when I start part time mobile I don't know when I'll have time to open a business account.

I was just trying to get organised before I started properly but now you're saying I don't have to have a business account straight away.

Oh, I don't know.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's true I promise :lol:
It's advisable that you keep an account for your business seperate from your personal account, for acounting and tax purposes but it doesn't have to be a 'business' account.

It's true I promise :lol:
It's advisable that you keep an account for your business seperate from your personal account, for acounting and tax purposes but it doesn't have to be a 'business' account.

Ah, well maybe I'll open a 2nd current account with Lloyds then. Should be no bother seeing as I current account and savings account set up with them.

I have to say, I've been with Lloyds for over 10 years and everything has been ok. Never had any major problems and I find the internet banking excellent. So much more straight forward than my hubby's from First Direct.
Posted via Mobile Device

I find lloyds interenet banking alot more simple than barclays, there is far to much faffing around with barclays interent banking

Lloyds internet banking is three days out. If i needed live balances or to check things had been paid I had to call up!!

And Me and my family have personal accounts with lloyds as we own a lot of their shares and we have over 100K a month going in between us yet they still had issues with the business accounts. Least to say I have tried the one about them not losing xy and z and trust me they do not care! Its crazy but the way the banking system is these days.

Find the right business account at the start as moving accounts later is such a pain!

Kate

Lloyds internet banking is three days out. If i needed live balances or to check things had been paid I had to call up!!

And Me and my family have personal accounts with lloyds as we own a lot of their shares and we have over 100K a month going in between us yet they still had issues with the business accounts. Least to say I have tried the one about them not losing xy and z and trust me they do not care! Its crazy but the way the banking system is these days.

Find the right business account at the start as moving accounts later is such a pain!

Kate

Can I ask when this was Kate?

Can I ask when this was Kate?

Yes less than 6 weeks ago! I am not happy with the way I was treated. Went in to see a bank manager and told I had to call up and make an appoinment at the call centre then they will send someone in to see me.

I transfered money from personal to business, and they never said it would take 2-3 days after all it was my account to my account, debit card payment cleared - no money in account- card cancelled! Had to bed to get the card back.

Took three months just to get internet log in details for business account.

My personal accounts run fine no problems. Business account - nightmare!

Moved business to RBS now and its difficult transferring money across. As I have several merchant accounts paying in, and lots of standing orders paying in etc to move.

Kate

Yes less than 6 weeks ago! I am not happy with the way I was treated. Went in to see a bank manager and told I had to call up and make an appoinment at the call centre then they will send someone in to see me.

I transfered money from personal to business, and they never said it would take 2-3 days after all it was my account to my account, debit card payment cleared - no money in account- card cancelled! Had to bed to get the card back.

Took three months just to get internet log in details for business account.

My personal accounts run fine no problems. Business account - nightmare!

Moved business to RBS now and its difficult transferring money across. As I have several merchant accounts paying in, and lots of standing orders paying in etc to move.

Kate
Doesn't sound good.

I'm very happy with my current account so I'll do the 2 current accounts for the time being.

Thanks for the info.

They're always messing up my mums account.

I'm with Abbey and it's free business banking for life. xxx

They're always messing up my mums account.

I'm with Abbey and it's free business banking for life. xxx

I did think about going with Abbey but there's only one I can think of in Glasgow. Middle of a busy pedestrian area.

Latest posts

Back