Local Newspaper is it worth advertising.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremities

Reaction score
hi all,

I have been contacted by a local newspaper offering a discounted advert in their christmas beauty feature for £49.00

It will be a 10 x 4 ad and I have produced my own artwork.

Business is real quiet for new clients at the moment and I don't want to waste money on advertising if it gets me nowhere.

I have one previous experience a few years back of advertising in a local paper and got not one reply.

Any advice appreciated.

Sam

At that price, I would certainly advertise in my local paper. It is pot luck as to whether response will be good or bad but, if business is not great, you need all the help and advertising you can get. I would go for it. Good luck!:hug:

I would definatly advertise, I have done so well with my adverts that im having problems booking everyone in! That sounds a good price too.
x

if it is a good price for you - then it would not hurt!

I do not advertise by local paper - I find leaflet drops get me more customers - and I lose wright by going out delivering them myself!
PLus I deliver them to the areas I want to cover - ie not far from me and areas where I think my target customer is - I am getting ladies who cannot get to a salon, either because of work or children and no husband/babysitter or prefer the home treatment.

I think you should go for it Sam!
I advertise in my local paper every week costs me £34 ish for 5x2.
First week I didnt get anything the last 2 weeks Ive had loads!

Latest posts

Back