Look Good Feel Better

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieh

Reaction score
Hi,

I just had to tell you about the brilliant time I had last week. I joined the Look Good Feel Better charity as a volunteer to go into my local cancer hospital for a couple of hours, once a month and help a group of ladies with a skincare routine and with make up to boost their confidence and self esteem.

I don't know who got more out of it - me or them! One lady looked in the mirror afterwards and her eyes welled up with tears of joy as she now had eyebrows and had found she still had eyelashes that just needed a little coaxing with mascara. The charity has been in the UK 10 years now, but had never heard of it until I picked a leaflet at the hospital while my husband was having treatment. I checked out their website, called them and voluteered! All the ladies are given a big bag full of all the skincare products they will need, all the makeup form companies like Lancome, Chanel, YSL etc plus a bottle of perfume to complete the package - all this is donated by the companies and makes such a difference to these ladies.

Take a look...Look Good...Feel Better provides free make-up workshops

They hold these sessions in almost 50 hospitals in the UK so if you know someone who is going through cancer treatment, get them to check out the website for details. And I know that the charity always need volunteers.

Luv Julieh

What a fantastic idea. I have just enquired about being a volunteer and rather sadly notice that there is no workshops for these in North Staffordshire hospitals.

I applied to do this in the Leeds hospital last year but didn't even get a reply

That's sad! Keep looking out though as I know they are going into more and more hospitals all the time.

Hugs:hug: Julieh

Well done Julieh, that was such a good thing to do. My Mum is going through treatment for breast cancer at the mo and she is feeling really down about her looks so I think this is such a good idea to do things like this. I would do it for her but I think it is a nice idea for her to get out of the house and have someone elses opinion. Plus the little goodie bag is a bonus!!!! xx

Latest posts

Back