Looking for good manicure course - any advice?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowstar

Reaction score
Hey,

I am in the midst of doing my Home Learn Gel course just now, but want to do an evening course in manicure (and maybe pedicure too) so I have more services to offer once I'm qualified. What sort of qualifications/course content should I be looking for? I'd like to be able to offer several levels of manicure i.e. mini, standard, luxury with hot wax. I am obviously going to be somewhat limited location wise for an evening class, but have found one in a reasonably local college starting in January which is VTCT NC Level 2 - can anyone advise if this would educate me to the level where I can offer the different types of manicure as stated above?

Also searched the site and found a thread about doing a manicure course by distance learning with Connect2Beauty (obviously you need to do the practical part of the course on-site to start with, and then an assessment at the end) - has anyone done this course? It would mean travelling to the other end of the country for the 2 practical bits though...

I would love to do the foundation course with creative but can't afford it at the moment (I'll get there one day) - am I right in thinking I can't do the 1 day manicure course unless I'm already a qualified nail tech??

Too many questions, I know - but hopefully I'll get some advice!

Hi Nikki

Personnaly I would go to your local college. the NVQ level 2 would certainly help you to do the treatments that you want to do.

I think that at college you have more time to learn the various bit and pieces over a longer period than a 1 or 2 day course. As you can ask questions the next week when you're at college or next day depending whether its a full time or part time course.

Be wary of some company courses as you will only be qualified and insured to use their own products. Its best to check before hand.

If you're anything like me I always think of questions to ask a few days after the event (but then I am blonde ha ha!)

Good luck in what you decide anyway. and have a great xmas!

rainbowstar said:
Hey,

I am in the midst of doing my Home Learn Gel course just now, but want to do an evening course in manicure (and maybe pedicure too) so I have more services to offer once I'm qualified. What sort of qualifications/course content should I be looking for? I'd like to be able to offer several levels of manicure i.e. mini, standard, luxury with hot wax. I am obviously going to be somewhat limited location wise for an evening class, but have found one in a reasonably local college starting in January which is VTCT NC Level 2 - can anyone advise if this would educate me to the level where I can offer the different types of manicure as stated above?

Also searched the site and found a thread about doing a manicure course by distance learning with Connect2Beauty (obviously you need to do the practical part of the course on-site to start with, and then an assessment at the end) - has anyone done this course? It would mean travelling to the other end of the country for the 2 practical bits though...

I would love to do the foundation course with creative but can't afford it at the moment (I'll get there one day) - am I right in thinking I can't do the 1 day manicure course unless I'm already a qualified nail tech??

Too many questions, I know - but hopefully I'll get some advice!
I thought that you needed a manicure course BEFORE you did enhancements? You need to know the basics before you begin don't you? Or does your home course go through anatomy, health and safety etc etc?
Just curious. If not, then do a search on the web? go to your local college for adult part time courses in manis and pedis ( I did this to gain my city and guilds mani).
good luck

Latest posts

Back