L'Oreal Platinium Plus Pink (Ammonia Free) on dark brown hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iubita

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a client (the kind of client that does all their research on the internet and tells me which product she wants etc,you know the one!)

Basically,she has bleached blonde hair (done at home) with around 2.5 inches of regrowth (dark brown roots) and she has requested that I use the Platinium Pink (Ammonia Free) as she is concerned about causing any further extreme damage to her hair,

But im not sure whether the Platinium Pink will work on her dark roots as well as the Platinium Blue Paste can,

Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you :hug:

Omg that's so cheeky, I've never had anyone tell me what to use on their hair. Personally I'd just tell her that you don't think it's suitable for her hair and that you'd have to use such n such to get the best results and maybe tell her you'll pop a treatment on. Your the professional :O cheeky madam lol xx

Omg that's so cheeky, I've never had anyone tell me what to use on their hair. Personally I'd just tell her that you don't think it's suitable for her hair and that you'd have to use such n such to get the best results and maybe tell her you'll pop a treatment on. Your the professional :O cheeky madam lol xx

Lol! I know! Thanks for your opinion hun! I think Ill go ahead and do what I think is best! xx

Don't forget with two and a half inches of regrowth it's grown over the scalp heat development line, so it might lift really well close to scalp and not aswell further down the 2.5 inch regrowth :) x

Don't forget with two and a half inches of regrowth it's grown over the scalp heat development line, so it might lift really well close to scalp and not aswell further down the 2.5 inch regrowth :) x

Good point thanks hun! x

I hate it when this happens! Then they think it's our fault! Lol I always tell clients that if they want to achieve the best colour possible, then a regrowth appointment should be made every 6-8 weeks and If left any longer than this then there may be an obvious band.

Cheeky madam! If a client said that to me, I would say 'sorry, I don't actually rate that product, i have experienced a large range of products over the last 11 Years so maybe I should make the decision as to what product would work well' I don't take any nonsense from my clients - once you start pandering to them and their silly requests it will only get worse! You are the professional honey, and you will know which product will work best xxx

Hi,

I have a client (the kind of client that does all their research on the internet and tells me which product she wants etc,you know the one!)

Basically,she has bleached blonde hair (done at home) with around 2.5 inches of regrowth (dark brown roots) and she has requested that I use the Platinium Pink (Ammonia Free) as she is concerned about causing any further extreme damage to her hair,

But im not sure whether the Platinium Pink will work on her dark roots as well as the Platinium Blue Paste can,

Any experiences or advice would be greatly appreciated,thank you :hug:

I love both these products. i am a base 4 and i have tried pink on my hair with 30 vol and get a very nice hard to tone brassy color. If your regrowth is 2.5 inches you will defiantly have a band of color as the heat will affect the roots which ever product u use. I would defiantly go with the blue and use 30 volume, or alternativley use Blondys (if its available) as i feel that the condition is far better with blondys. Explain to her that she needs to be more regular to prevent color band also. I have paranoid clients who hate bleach with ammonia but want the results. I just do my thing, tell them on a need to know basis, play it safe.

If this isn't the range you use then just flat tell her no, I wouldn't dare touch anything I wasn't used to as I don't know how it works, at the end of it, if she went into a salon that was exclusively wella or matrix etc... Then there would be no chance they would buy in a product just for her, and to be fair is she regular? If not and she doesn't come back who would you use the rest of this on? Xoxo

Latest posts

Back