Main employment rights and legislation

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kizzycat

Reaction score
hi geeks
I am in need of help to complete a city and guilds (section 201 working in the beauty related industries).
I am doing a manicure pedicure at college. It is only a 6 week course but on the first day I have been given 2 very long assignments to complete by next week. I am nearly through my first one section 201 but I am stuck on these 2 questions:

list the main employment rights and responsibilities
list the main legistarion which affects the beatuy related industries

Does anyone have any idea? I would be grateful for any help you can give me at all. Also I am not sure if i can copy and paste from wikipedia and give those as a source in my bibliography? for task 1a i had to produce an information sheet on 3 things. i chose artificial nails, tanning treatments and hot stone massage. i managed the first 2 but for the hot stone massage i had to copy and paste it from wikipedia.

for all employment rights etc check out direct.gov and acas x

i have looked there but to be honest its all gobbledeegook

list the main employment rights and responsibilities

Think about what you have to provide to your staff by law as an employer, or what you things you should expect from your employer as an employee.

list the main legistarion which affects the beatuy related industries

Think about the health, safety and wellbeing and of your salon, colleagues and clients.

Hope this helps

Michelle

I would also not copy and paste verbatim, even if you quote the source, We had a city & Guilds external verifier in college recently, she asked to see some folders and noticed that one assignment (that had been marked by a lecturer) was something that she had written and published herself.

thanks for your reply. I am not actually doing the city and guilds in beauty, i am only doing the manicure pedicure course. I am quite baffled as to why we have to go into such detail about other beauty industry stuff. What if I only wanted to be a nail tech, what does hot stone massage have to do with that? (that was rhetorical) I wouldnt mind if this was just 1 assignement for the 6 week mani pedi course i am on, but this 1 of 2 large sheets of assignments i am expected to hand in for next week with a load of information that is not relevant to the course i am on.

thanks for your reply. I am not actually doing the city and guilds in beauty, i am only doing the manicure pedicure course. I am quite baffled as to why we have to go into such detail about other beauty industry stuff. What if I only wanted to be a nail tech, what does hot stone massage have to do with that? (that was rhetorical) I wouldnt mind if this was just 1 assignement for the 6 week mani pedi course i am on, but this 1 of 2 large sheets of assignments i am expected to hand in for next week with a load of information that is not relevant to the course i am on.

I have a feeling that this is a generic unit that you may have to do regardless of what course you are doing, and the criteria would be the same across the board, you mentioned that you picked the hot stone as a topic? did you have the choice to pick something more relevant?

HI Michelle
yes there was a few to choose from:
artificial nail services, electrical facials, epilation treatmetns, heat and water therapy, hot stone therapy, indian head massage, electrical body treatmetns, body wrapping and tanning treatments. i had to pick 3 to produce an infomration sheet on each, so i chose tanning and artificial nail services and i knew nothing of any of the others so just picked that one at random

this is what i have put for the questions do you think its enough?

Main employment rights:
1. Minimum wage
2. Paid holiday entitlement
3. Contract of employment stating condition of termination
Main legislation which affects the beauty related industries would be COSHH and RIDDOR

HI Michelle
yes there was a few to choose from:
artificial nail services, electrical facials, epilation treatmetns, heat and water therapy, hot stone therapy, indian head massage, electrical body treatmetns, body wrapping and tanning treatments. i had to pick 3 to produce an infomration sheet on each, so i chose tanning and artificial nail services and i knew nothing of any of the others so just picked that one at random

this is what i have put for the questions do you think its enough?

Main employment rights:
1. Minimum wage
2. Paid holiday entitlement
3. Contract of employment stating condition of termination
Main legislation which affects the beauty related industries would be COSHH and RIDDOR

I would add more (as there is more) and also write a paragraph on what they mean.

Everything is out there, you just need to find it :)

Michelle

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back