make-up artists

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megaone

Reaction score
hi is there any make-up artist here and if so how do you find this. as i am still training as a make up artist. it is only a short course but i hope to do more. i would like to here your thoughts ???:!:

hi megaone,i did a year's course on make up before i did beauty. you can see some of my work on my website Home i do a lot of weddings. and use creative make up for fancey dress partys etci enjoy doing semi permanent make up more.xx

hi megaone,i did a year's course on make up before i did beauty. you can see some of my work on my website Home i do a lot of weddings. and use creative make up for fancey dress partys etci enjoy doing semi permanent make up more.xx

Hi.. I can't get onto your website :cry: xx

Hi im a trained makeup artist, but i have only just started up a business in november, i do other stuff such as nails, tanning so hopefully i have more to offer when times are quiet with makeup. Its coming up for the time when people start to think about weddings so i have had a few enquires regarding makeup and a few bookings but it depends on what type of makeup you want to get into doing, bridal? Fashion? TV? Sfx? Im going on a private course in april taught by a man who worked as makeup designer for versace and that is very much fashion makeup, i started it in november but got flu so i have to go back to do the rest in april lol.

Hope that helps oh and if you search for amy de man on here i know that she does makeup think she went to learn in london so it may be worth asking her too.:)

Hiya, I seemed to get a minor typo in the website when I clicked on it, should be Home I think...

Ruth :)

my website iswww.englishbeautyltd.co.uk

Last edited:

can i ask about the semi permanent make-up, was it hard to master and how long did it take for the course or where did you learn this?

i trained with fhinishing touches, In hove. course was a week long. and i did eyeliner on a "real" model on my first day. i really enjoy it, and have got the hang of it pretty much stright away.

Wow.. Your work is great!! xxx

i trained with fhinishing touches, In hove. course was a week long. and i did eyeliner on a "real" model on my first day. i really enjoy it, and have got the hang of it pretty much stright away.

but i would say its expensive to get started

i really would like to do bridal make-up and party's but i don't know how to promote my self and how to Mmm get started in this business Ahh help......

E-beauty your work is very good

I am qualified in cosmetic and fashion/photographic makeup, i done my training at a fe college

I am about to start training in theatrical makeup this month, ooh the excitement

i love doing different makeup looks, I would say summer is when i am at my busiest with weddings, proms and graduations

but makeup is an expensive business to be in, there is so much to buy and you have to keep up to date

I have been very priviledged to work along side of Val Garland, Sharon Dowsett, Georgina Graham, Mary Greenwell, Charlotte Tilbury, Gemma Kidd and the infamous Pat McGrath - when we do nails back stage at Fashion Week. They are all utterly inspiring to watch (occasionally I'll watch the bench mark)... and I have to say they work unbeliveably hard and their teams are the same. It's not an easy job to do (especially with us crwling around their feet) but incredibly rewarding to see in the newspapers the next day.

For those of you who don't know, open up numerous issues of Vogue and you'll see Val Garland's name (often with Marian Newman for nails - on the cover)... but Pat McGrath is most famous for her Dior makeup... the amazing glitter eyes... she is unbeleivebale and an absolute gem to be around - fun relaxed and lovely. Just thought I'd share:!:

Hey People,
I was just woundering if anyone new, to become a make-up artist if you have to have an NVQ in beauty therapy. I am very confussed at the moment, i'm only 16 and still at school but leave school in June. My dream is to become a make-up artist and i really dont no where to go to train to become one or what to train, the only one i know of is The London School Of Make-up, but wanted to know if there was any closer to home. If anyone has any information or help for me, i would be very greatful.
Thank You
Zoey :lol:

Hey People,
I was just woundering if anyone new, to become a make-up artist if you have to have an NVQ in beauty therapy. I am very confussed at the moment, i'm only 16 and still at school but leave school in June. My dream is to become a make-up artist and i really dont no where to go to train to become one or what to train, the only one i know of is The London School Of Make-up, but wanted to know if there was any closer to home. If anyone has any information or help for me, i would be very greatful.
Thank You
Zoey :lol:

Hi hunny

I went to a local college and studied for a year. I came out with 6 qualifications in make up including film/theatre, fashion/photographic, catwalk, bridal, wigs/postiches, manicure. All VTCT, 4 level 2, 2 level 3. A friend of mine who was on the same course wanted to go onto London College of Fashion, when she applied, they told her the qualifications we studied so hard for were not recognised as national qualifications. She still got in, with her portfolio and other qualifications. I'd just say be careful and research thoroughly before deciding where to study, as there are lots of places offering courses, but it is a very difficult industry to get into (especially for film/tv) and many courses are not recognised where it matters.
Whatever course you go on, if the tutor works in the industry, get very friendly with him/her, and take every offer of work experience, and always be hungry for it, you have to be willing to push yourself forward again and again.

Good luck, and I really hope you succeed:hug:

Latest posts

Back