Make up range

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettierae

Reaction score
I had no facial training at all at college, nothing since either. I get asked for make up a lot, as mother can do make up services, but doesn't enjoy it, and only has the basic college kit/colours.

I'm looking for a make up range that I can be trained in. Training north/midlands preferable.

I would like to use as well known a brand as I can afford. I want to be able to ofer bridal make up, dancers make up ( I get a lot of dancers for tanning, lashes etc... so I think I can tap into the make up services there) Party/occasion make up etc

I would like a range...

Affordable for clients (retail, mascara, seasonal colours etc, to sell alongside which skincare brand I choose, and the seasonal opi I stock)

No huge minimum order (although I don't mind paying the money out for good brushes, all the basics)

Good marketing/good reputation in the media

Fairly well known name, although I am open to 'up and coming' brands

Excellent training and back up

It needs to be long lasting make up, for example MAC, as (sorry if its wrong) its 'studio' make up, and meant to last all day under studio lights, so would be perfect for bridal make up.

Up to date colours, New colours brought out each season, so that it stays fresh.

Hope all that made sense...... I'm not looking to tick every box, but i'd really appreciate your opinions. Many thanks

We use Jane Iredale, Its a fab mineral range, stays put and they also have lots of reasonably priced training.

thanks. The only thing is a salon close to me offers jane iredale and I wouldnt want to step on their toes!

proto-col minerals

Thanks again, will look into that one too x x

I'm not sure whether Karaja do training in your area, but the makeup is amazing! Smells great too! They do a range of vibrant and subtile colours and couldn't recommend the stuff enough! Hth!

why dont you try and become a mac pro member so that you can attend one of their masterclasses, and get discounts on their pro range?
i use mostly mac, bobbi brown and chanel bases + airbase airbrush makeup

Latest posts

Back