make with forms, first time...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choupette

Reaction score
imag07504hc.jpg

Hiya x

Well done for your first go at forms..tricky little things arnt they...lol

The length is good but they look very uneven/lumpy. It looks like you have not filled the dips at the sidewalls...if i was you i would file the shine from these...apply another layer and make sure you fill any dips by looking at the nail from every angle and applying more product where needed...also just watch that product from flooding the sidewalls..looks like the smiles are nice and i like the softness of the white, or are these natural tips with clear over...? HTH x

thank you for the councils

sorry i would take them of and start again dont meen to sound hartless but as your wanting an opoinion? there awfull but fair play for posting the pic.

kay welch said:
sorry i would take them of and start again dont meen to sound hartless but as your wanting an opoinion? there awfull but fair play for posting the pic.
maybe a little constructive criticism would have been nicer.

as Angie said they are uneven and lumpy, maybe buffing them and applying a bit more gel to fill in the bumpy bits would help with the overall finish.
they look as if they are natural tip and overlay though, could be my eyes :o
have you taken a class in sculpting? keep practising Choupette x

i agree with angie, but for a first go theyre not bad. file them down and have a play with them until they feel smooth to touch, and look at a side view for a nice apex...

practice makes perfect, im sure you'll be flying high in no time

keep smiling

lou x

sorry maybe sound a bit hartless dont mean to but im being honest i thought thats what you post pics for.If they where fab i say great but i dont think they look good yes not bad for a first try with forms and practise makes perfect.

to me the sidewalls need filing. hold clients sidewalla back, then hold th file parallel to them and file up and down straight to bring em in. hope this makes sense, i think this would help em loads.

it is better????:cry:

imag07523nn.jpg

kay welch said:

Bonjour !

hmm i do think there is room for improvement BUT.....please dont be offended by the above comment.

Keep trying, you will improve in no time matey !!

What products are you using?

Amb x

choupette said:

you need to buff out the imperfections after you have BUILT your strength.

So ....bond nice and thin..cure...BUILD layer .....try and use light strokes......cure.....i would wipe and buff here get them nice and smooth.....nice shape.....then final layer/sealer and cure.

HTH

amb x

keep trying choupette, not only are you tackling gel with forms but also have a model with challenging nail beds. it can only get easier! x

i think youre well brave posting your first set i wouldnt dare:Scared: so well done to you im practising with forms at the moment and they can be a bum pain at times keep going youll get there
xx

choupette said:
it is better????:cry:

imag07523nn.jpg

this picture is a bit dark..but i can see improvement..the thumb looks cloudy or it could be the light..? keep going babes xx

Make sure your not touching the surrounding skin, it looks close to me.

Latest posts

Back