Making glitter nail poilsh...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiralina

Reaction score
Can anyone offer suggestions on how to make your own glitter polishes? I've tried by adding glitter to clear many times with different glitters, but the sparkles always sink to the bottom of the bottle (no matter how fine the glitter is), and discolors the clear. I can't help but wonder how the nailcolor manufacturers do it.

you will probably find that the glitter you are using is too heavy!

You might find that if you are using art shop glitter, the colour bleeds into the varnish.

I have not tried the Nail Graphix in clear varnish to see if it will produce good effects - maybe I will.

Alternatively you could use the Northern Lights glitter top coat over any colour and make it a glitter varnish.

easiest way I`ve found to mix glitter into polish is to not mix direct in the bottle...here`s how I do it .....
get a bead of polish on your brush as you usually would to paint a nail then dip it in the glitter that you want to use and apply as normal making sure you spread it evenly on the nail...works best with clear polish and you only need one bottle to mix with loads of glitter colours..hth:biggrin:

better off to buy from the manufacturer, they know how to mix properly, the density and weight of the glitter (and bleed of colour factor) according to the density of the suspension agent (polish) they make all the colours, why not leave it up to them, either that or try clear polish in the area you want, then dip into glitter, then clear over the top ...

kaznails said:
easiest way I`ve found to mix glitter into polish is to not mix direct in the bottle...here`s how I do it .....
get a bead of polish on your brush as you usually would to paint a nail then dip it in the glitter that you want to use and apply as normal making sure you spread it evenly on the nail...works best with clear polish and you only need one bottle to mix with loads of glitter colours..hth:biggrin:
ditto thats the way i do it too karen

dare I say it but go on ebay or wait for the shows - I got loads of glitter topcoats from OPI in ebay and also some good ones from Excel this year

I got a great one from creative called sugar baby at gmex this year. Its really subtle but lovely... I find that if you want glitter to cover the whole nail plate you can put a top coat on then get a small amout of glitter on your orange stick and dust over nail plate. This looks really good...

Latest posts

Back