Male Mani vs Female mani £?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

debs81

Reaction score
How much do you guys charge for a male manicure and pedicure and what do you do as i don't think polish is suitable for men.

Also how do they compare to a female manicure/pedicure?

Debsxxxxxxx

Hi Debs,

I charge the the same price for men as for women.

Cuticles can take longer for male clients and I spend more time on the massage. I either leave the nails nude or buff them as the client prefers. Altho I have had a client who asked for clear top coat to make his nails shiney. He was a lovely guy - an American Marine just back from Iraq!

Warm oil manicures are also good for men especially if they have very dry rough hands - for that I charge extra.

HTH.

Good luck,

Kx

Hi honey x

Mine is slightly cheaper, you're more than welcome to look at my prices on my website. www.halo-therapies.co.uk

Actually I have seen a clear Matt nail polish somewhere which is to be used on men with thin nails. Mind you I have never met a man yet who does not have thick hard nails. Lucky so-an-so's. I am sure there are some out there, just never met one yet.

Orly does a polish for men. Forgot the name of it, but its kinda mat so it wont be too obvious.

I charge a couple of pounds less for me as they dont want base, varnish and topcoat!

I use vaseline to get rid of all the dirt under their nails!

ADiva1 said:

I have got to ask ~ how do you do this?
MTIA
KxXx

Thanks guys, i'm thinking of purchasing some of the creative raw earth treatments, looked at some other threads and alot of people recommend it. That'll mean i can have a wider variety of treatments too.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I charge a bit less to account for not requiring polish, but will buff the nails.

Salon Systems (is that the right name) stuff that you can get in Sallys do a matt base coat, goes on shiny but goes matt after about a minute, have used this before for male manicure.

For pedicure I use Raw Earth for men as they get all the benefit of the products but without the more 'girlie' scent.

ADiva1 said:
Orly does a polish for men. Forgot the name of it, but its kinda mat so it wont be too obvious.

I charge a couple of pounds less for me as they dont want base, varnish and topcoat!

It's called Nails for Males. It's a clear with a nice matte finish. I kinda' get a funny look at first, but when it dries they like it.

Latest posts

Back