male nail biter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa breddy

Reaction score
Has anyone got any advise for a male nail biter. This chap has phoned me, he really wants to stop biting his nails. He asked about having extensions (very short) to encourage him to stop biting. I said I would have to see them first as he said there is hardly any nail at all. I said it would be better to have regular manicures as once the cuticles etc have been tidied they would look better and said to put massage oil in everyday so at least he's looking after them and hopefully stop him biting! hope you can help , lisa

The trouble is Lisa ... it won't help him stop biting.

It is really important to understand the psyche of the nail biter. I understand it very well because I am one. Once one always one. ONLY wearing enhancements stops me from biting my nails ... why? Because they are smooth and don't beg me to pick at them when they are enhanced.

If there is anyhting at all for a biter to pick at they will. Enhancements take away the urge because they even everythingvout and smooth everything out.

No tips!! Just use the pink powder and do a natural nail overlay extending the nail plate by just a little. This will smooth out the area and not attract attention to the nails. Using white powder or tips just looks terrible on a man.

I dont bite but I defo agree that a smooth edge deters biters from picking. Thay'll always say that there was a little niggly bit that started them. Get him in and clean up those cuticles and hang nails, give him the cuticle oil even source him a male manicure kit so he can follow your advice at home.
Actually give him the works - full mani with massage - He'll prob become a great client!

Would I just put clear or natural tips on then the overlay. Its the sticking the tips on that I am worried about as there will be more skin than nails. Thanks for your help Lisa

lisa breddy said:
Would I just put clear or natural tips on then the overlay. Its the sticking the tips on that I am worried about as there will be more skin than nails. Thanks for your help Lisa

hiya, i think Geeg's point was NOT to use tips, i would have used forms to very slightly lengthen the natural nail.

NailStyle said:
hiya, i think Geeg's point was NOT to use tips, i would have used forms to very slightly lengthen the natural nail.

Ahh thankyou!

How brave of this guy to want to deal with his nail biting problem, I admire him.... Fabulous idea about putting the pink l&p on with the slight free edge. Must remember that one! Guess his lifestyle would come into play with this one - like what does he do for a living?

Hi he is a chef. His hands are in and out of water quite alot. The solar oil should help look after them would'nt it?

Just to be a pain as I have never done v.v. bitten nails before. do I put a form as near to the natural nails as poss?. I would'nt be able to put it under the free edge as he does'nt have hardly any nail just skin/nail bed.

Sorry to sound thick about this but I know I can pick your brains on here and get help. I just want to make sure I do this right for him.

Thankyou

WOW! just had a look at your photos. They are brill. That has cleared alot in my mind now about how they could look or should look! I'll have a go with the forms and pink powder, wish me luck! Cheers lisa

Latest posts

Back