Mandatory registration for hairdressers and barbers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandatory registration?

• Total voters

salonfrog

Accountant for salon owners
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad thing but until they make it compulsory for all, there is no reason to join it as it's basically a way for them to charge salon owners, make an income out of us and what benefits do we get in return? I already pay an annual fee to NHF each year plus music licences. I don't see at the moment what i will get out of joining besides another annual bill!

We need something....

This industry has become a 'Pin Money' - 'Hobby' - 'Side-line' - 'Any one can train over the weekend' kind of pastime! :eek:

I have noticed, that our American friends are able to charge a much higher price for their services than we are able to.
I believe it is because they have very strict regulations regarding training and licencing which leads to it being respected as a profession.

We are no longer regarded as a profession in this country, and over the last few years, our status has slipped even further.

State registration would help weed out the unskilled and unqualified.
We used to have a reputation of being the world leaders in the art of hairdressing....:oops:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back