Marvelbrows or Billion Dollar Brows?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jiff jaff

Reaction score
Hi all looking to add one of these to add to my services, I'm level 3 qualified so experienced in waxing and tinting just wondered if anyone had done either training and how they found it and the product, thanks!!

I did the Marvelbrow course recently. Like you I am also level 3 qualified. I did a Salon Services eyebrow definition course a couple of years ago as a refresher but decided to do the Marvelbrow course as it's more indepth, yet not as expensive as HD Brows or HiBrow (although if they'd been running a HiBrow course locally I'd have been very tempted!).

With Marvelbrow, although they do have their own brand of Tint, they don't have many shades (just brown and black I think?) but as it is all part of Salon Systems we used the Refectocil range, which I had already heard good reviews about and have since bought the kit.

On the course we learnt about measuring and mapping out the shape of the brow, how to use both the Marvelbrow tints and Refectocil (which were both different to other brands I've used). We got to try a selection of soft waxes (I normally use hard wax for eyebrows so it was good to try different types of wax) and we were taught 3 different methods of threading and finally how to use the Marvelbrow makeup to complete the look. We worked on each other so it's quite a lot to fit in to one day and definitely helps if you already know how to wax and Tint, but not many of the others on the course did so it can still be a little slow going. It would have been nice to have had a chance to do a couple of sets of brows rather than just one brow, but there's never time for that on these one day courses.

Don't bother buying anything before the course as everything will be provided on the day and you can decide what bits you like and what you want to buy afterwards, although I have noticed the stores don't seem to stock much, but it can all be ordered online.

They send you a manual to download, as well as your certificate.

I did the Marvelbrow course recently. Like you I am also level 3 qualified. I did a Salon Services eyebrow definition course a couple of years ago as a refresher but decided to do the Marvelbrow course as it's more indepth, yet not as expensive as HD Brows or HiBrow (although if they'd been running a HiBrow course locally I'd have been very tempted!).

With Marvelbrow, although they do have their own brand of Tint, they don't have many shades (just brown and black I think?) but as it is all part of Salon Systems we used the Refectocil range, which I had already heard good reviews about and have since bought the kit.

On the course we learnt about measuring and mapping out the shape of the brow, how to use both the Marvelbrow tints and Refectocil (which were both different to other brands I've used). We got to try a selection of soft waxes (I normally use hard wax for eyebrows so it was good to try different types of wax) and we were taught 3 different methods of threading and finally how to use the Marvelbrow makeup to complete the look. We worked on each other so it's quite a lot to fit in to one day and definitely helps if you already know how to wax and Tint, but not many of the others on the course did so it can still be a little slow going. It would have been nice to have had a chance to do a couple of sets of brows rather than just one brow, but there's never time for that on these one day courses.

Don't bother buying anything before the course as everything will be provided on the day and you can decide what bits you like and what you want to buy afterwards, although I have noticed the stores don't seem to stock much, but it can all be ordered online.

They send you a manual to download, as well as your certificate.
That's great thanks!!

Latest posts

Back