Massage timings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louiser

Reaction score
Good Morning,

Please can anyone help me with their timings? I am getting back in to massage (Swedish and hot stone) and wondering what times, order people generally use as a guide? I know it varies from client to client but just wondered what works for everyone else?

My old notes show the guild I used to use:

Anterior leg and foot - 5 minutes per leg
Arm and hand - 5 minutes per arm
Abdomen - 5 minutes
Chest - 5 minutes
Face - 15 minutes
Scalp - 15 minutes
Posterior leg and gluteal - 5 minutes per leg
Back - 15 minutes

Thank you,

Louise

Hi, I do a 60 mins full body but I don't include the abdomen unless they ask for it, instead I spend more time massaging feet and hands. If I include the abdomen it just feels like I'm rushing through the rest of the areas, the 60 mins doesn't include face and scalp either, so if I include the face and scalp its 75 mins so
Back 20 mins
Legs and feet both sides 20 mins
Arms and hands 20 mins
Face and scalp 15 mins
Then for hot stones there's a 70 mins without face or 90 mins with face and scalp.
Everyone's different though, some clients want longer on the back, less on the feet etc. I'm also notorious for going over time, I just get into it and get carried away lol good job I work for myself and leave plenty of time between clients x

When I did my training it was 60 mins for full body including everything. If clients don't want certain parts of their body massaged then I swap that for something they really like. For neck, back & shoulders only 30mins.xx

My course I trained we don’t offer Abdominals or face, it’s just feet, legs, arms back shoulders head and neck. And I ask if they prefer more time on a certain area before I start. Otherwise it’s a split over the time they’ve paid for.

Latest posts

Back