Massage training guru

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachylady

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I got my level 3 beauty qualification 3 years ago & worked in a spa & salon for just over a year before life took me in a different direction. I'd love to start a mobile massage business but am so rusty :(
Would love to refresh my skills with more training, is there a leading massage trainer/course that people know of that you would recommend? I'm thinking Kim Lawless would probably be the waxing equivalent if you catch my drift :) Would love to do a really good course to get back up to speed
Thank you for any help you can give :)

Hi Peachylady, I don't have any particular advice to give, other than to say that I have just passed my Level 3 beauty therapy, after working in admin roles since I was 17 years (I am 47 years old now) and that I think you have to believe in your existing knowledge, skills and ability to be able present yourself to your clients as a professional; i.e. from my novice viewpoint you already have experience in the industry to enable you to proceed with confidence without necessarily needing additional training.

I would only say that you might want to take a short CPD course, one or two days, just to remind yourself of why you trained in the first place. I have no professional experience in the industry but I am already thinking of training in lava shells, for example, firstly, to be able to offer something else (I'm thinking of working as a mobile beauty therapist) but, also, to keep in touch with the industry trends.

Look forward to hearing how you progress.

Naz

Hi Naz

Thank you so much for your reply & advice. I definitely agree that a short refresher course is a good way to go just to give me that initial confidence :)

Congratulations on passing your level 3! I also re trained in beauty as a mature student aged 40. At first I was so scared about sharing a classroom with a bunch of 17 year olds but I ended up really enjoying my course and got so much out of it.

I love the idea of working with the shells & have also thought about doing that course at some point.

Best of luck with your new career. Would love to hear how you progress too :)

Lottie

Latest posts

Back