Maternity leave

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disney1

Reaction score
I am a full time (sometimes more than full time hours!) nail tech/beautician.
I am leaving for maternity soon and I have no idea how long to take, I'm self employed and I'm torn between wanting to spend time with the baby and needing/wanting the monies.

Realistically, it’s difficult to know how you’ll feel about it until the baby is born as all babies are different.
If you are well supported by other family members and get several uninterrupted hours of sleep, you might find it handy to work p/t initially and gradually build up your hours. However, if you are doing the majority of the caring yourself, then you might feel pretty exhausted in the early days so don’t put too much pressure on yourself to get back to all your clients too quickly.
Hope it all goes well. :)

Yes your right. I know someone that took 4 days and then someone that took 4 years! I'm literally going to decide when I want to go back when I'm on maternity leave, I will re-build slowly if clients have all gone elsewhere x

joys of self employment!
Simply play it by ear, I think you get an inclination of when you are ready to go back.
Most important thing is to enjoy the baby xx

Everyones different.
My aunt took 2wks off from her hair salon and her second 4wks

I worked the day my son was born and then back 2 weeks later. My daughter is now 31 weeks pregnant and works in the family salon, she plans on going on maternity leave at 38 weeks but returning to do a few days over the busy Christmas period.[emoji3]

Latest posts

Back