me again! gel systems??? help???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pussycat

Reaction score
hello again!

i currently do acrylic l&p overlays, sculpts and tip and overlay with no problem at all. but the only gel nails i was taught at college was to tip and overlay with 2 thin coats of a one step gel....... i tried that way for 1 set of nails and they were utter crap!!! far too weak they all snapped and lifted!!!

so on my clients i now do tip and overlay the same but put 2 or 3 thicker layers on then buff out any bumps and finish with a thin layer to give the shine still just using the one step gel.

i have been looking at getting a proper gel system but as i've only ever used a one stage gel i havn't really got a clue what system is the best. i use NSI acrylics and the gel i've got at the moment is the one that came in my college kit, The EDGE one step clear gel, this is good enough, i've got a set of gels on myself and i've had no problem with them but i like to experiment with arty nails and would like to offer french gels and sculpture gels but i'm baffled!!

what would you recommend??

thanks

Cat xxx

Before investing in a new product why not retry your application of what you have. If you do a search then you should pick up a post I wrote about a one bead application that gets you a good stress point and hence the strength. If not, then I think Geeg may have done a tutorial as well. (sorry I have a client in any mo and don't have time to search for you!)

If you really want to splash out on a product that is strong and easy to use then I can wholeheartedly recommend Brisa. I've used a few good ones in my time, but this is the mutts nuts!

Latest posts

Back