Mens Facial Waxing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PinkPotions

Reaction score
Hi all,

Can you wax mens facial hair / beards?

I was always told you can't but recently i've seen it offered so was wondering if i should be offering this too. Is this the new thing men are requesting?

im not sure i always thought you couldnt but id like to know!! we need kim!

You can indeed, although it can bleed and be very painful for them. Also, there is a chance that the hair can grow back patchy. However, if the clients wants it done............then why not. I would use non strip wax. xxx

You can indeed, although it can bleed and be very painful for them. Also, there is a chance that the hair can grow back patchy. However, if the clients wants it done............then why not. I would use non strip wax. xxx

As ever Kimmi.. excellent advise :) Thanks :hug:

I've had it done with strip wax in the past (way back in late 1999/early 2000). Not a treatment I'd personally recommend - the first time I had it done it left quite a lot of red marks on my face; subsequently when I had facial waxing done in conjunction with electrolysis, I kept breaking out in zits!

So I dropped it in favour of just electrolysis.

was your electrolysis sucessful?

was your electrolysis sucessful?

It was to the extent that I had it done. I'm thinking of having more done in the future though, as soon as I can find someone local who does it. Hopefully the lady who currently does my waxing will start doing electrolysis again; she's said that she might at some stage as she has quite a few trans clients for waxing etc.

I pinned my hubby last night so i could try a facial wax on him.

OMG i'll be divorced soon!

I used GiGi hard wax which i always use & never have a problem but on my hubbys face it just wouldn't come off, the hair was so tough that it was breaking the wax rather than pulling the hair out.

After 4 attempts on a teeny patch he wouldn't let me do anymore. The finished patch looked beautifull though, a fair bit of bleeding as Kim said.

I've never encountered the wax not coming off like that though i pulled with all my might and couldn't get it off in one strip.

What about ingrowing hairs? I pulled a couple of beard hairs from my hubbys chin once (don't ask) and when they grew back, one was ingrowing and it made a right mess and ended up leaving a scar. Is this not a real problem when waxing men?

It was to the extent that I had it done. I'm thinking of having more done in the future though, as soon as I can find someone local who does it. Hopefully the lady who currently does my waxing will start doing electrolysis again; she's said that she might at some stage as she has quite a few trans clients for waxing etc.

I am am member of the BIAE which lets you know that all the members are doing it properly and they have a list of members if you want to know of some in your area let me know!

What about ingrowing hairs? I pulled a couple of beard hairs from my hubbys chin once (don't ask) and when they grew back, one was ingrowing and it made a right mess and ended up leaving a scar. Is this not a real problem when waxing men?

I've had ingrown hairs on my face in the past - even with electrolysis as well as with the facial waxing. Not nice, although thankfully no noticeable scarring for me.

I am am member of the BIAE which lets you know that all the members are doing it properly and they have a list of members if you want to know of some in your area let me know!

That would be so fab if you could; I'm in Shrewsbury. Thanks muchly for that :)

I pinned my hubby last night so i could try a facial wax on him.

OMG i'll be divorced soon!

I used GiGi hard wax which i always use & never have a problem but on my hubbys face it just wouldn't come off, the hair was so tough that it was breaking the wax rather than pulling the hair out.

After 4 attempts on a teeny patch he wouldn't let me do anymore. The finished patch looked beautifull though, a fair bit of bleeding as Kim said.

I've never encountered the wax not coming off like that though i pulled with all my might and couldn't get it off in one strip.

Sounds painful!! I bet that was a sight to see lol is he talking to you?
x

Sounds painful!! I bet that was a sight to see lol is he talking to you?
x

One full body massage & a chinese takeaway and he has just about forgiven me.

The thing is though i've got the bug i love waxing course dark hair like that because you get a true sense of satisfaction looking at the end result. I keep begging him to let me try again and do the whole face but i can't post the reply i'm getting....

Thanks for the help guys xxx

The thing is though i've got the bug i love waxing course dark hair like that because you get a true sense of satisfaction looking at the end result. I keep begging him to let me try again and do the whole face but i can't post the reply i'm getting....

I'd have let you try waxing my face if I wasn't a fair bit south of the border! I reckon the hard wax would be a lot nicer to me than the strip wax that was used on my face so many moons ago...

lol chinese always helps;)
I can imagine in ended in 'off' I had wondered if it was possible to wax a mans face. My ex used to have to shave twice a day. How long does it last before they get regrow?
x

lol chinese always helps;)
I can imagine in ended in 'off' I had wondered if it was possible to wax a mans face. My ex used to have to shave twice a day. How long does it last before they get regrow?
x

No regrowth yet on my hubbys patch i'll keep you posted if no-one more knowledgable replies x

Latest posts

Back