Microcurrent - cotton tips or metal probes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little voyce

Reaction score
Just wondering what method other skin geeks use when they're doing non-surgical face lift?

I was taught with the machines I've used, to work with cotton tips which insert into the handpieces....but I also see equipment that uses the metal probes (such as the ones you'd use in galvanic treatments). If you don't know what I mean see the vids on YouTube - most are American - maybe they learn differently there......

So which method do YOU use and why? I'd love to hear the theories we've all been given and see if there are any useful tips (no pun intended) out there.

Thanks!

the metal poles as you describe are for lifting body like i have sorisa lifting c machine. I have a manual facial probes that you put cotton wool in the ends. Then i have thicker poles for lifting bums an busts then pads for automatic face lift.

Thanks! I appreciate your reply! Are your cotton tips double ended (as in two per handpiece) or single? I'm really getting into researching this. The Carlton machines in colleges are fairly simple and I'd like to find out about other companies' machines.

So, all feedback welcome!

Now off to do NSFL for some lady's eyes!......:)

I use the apilus vitaderm machine and I have the option of using just one probe, or two, with either cotton tips or steel electrodes.
I prefer the steel ones but if I want to get right into a muscle like the orbicularis Oculi then I might use the cotton tips.
Some of what we do is technique and some is smoke and mirrors. Clients like to see a bit of pinkness where they've had work done, but as we know it's just superficial. I can get a better degree of pinkness with the cotton tips.

I use the cotton tips as like you tend to get a better grip under the muscle as the metal probes can sometimes slip with the collagen gel, also the metal probes can sometimes feel a bit scratchy on the skin and clients who have alot of metal fillings find the cotton tips more comfortable. hth:)

I have used both types and I am now using the bio therapeutic non surgi machine which is dual probed,non cotton tips. I love it and don't have problems with the tips slipping. I have been using this type of machine for about ten yrs though so maybe I'm just used to it.
clients can get a metallic taste in the mouth if they have crowns or fillings but I pre warn them of this and sometimes giving them a damp piece of cotton wool to place in their mouth, to act as a barrier seems to help combat this.Not all clients find this a problem though,probably about ten percent actually notice it.
I think all in all it depends what you are used to and what results you can achieve as to which you prefer.
I found I get better results with the dual stainless steel probes over the cotton wool probed alternative but that's based on the equipment I have used. Each to their own. Personally I would prefer to try a few different machines out before I invested in a new machine if I hadn't used both types before. Hth

I've got the Apilus Vitalift - so I guess Lynne, you and I are using pretty much the same machine! The Vitali-T machines are very much mix'n' match aren't they?

Ii bought the whole Vitalux outfit - and realised I could have used the handpieces with my Vitalift!!

At least if one goes wrong, the others are always available too.

I've been experimenting with metal probes v the cotton tips. Personally, I find the cotton tips hold the moisture better so the skin doesn't become too dry too soon. I don't particularly like working with only one tip (and the inactive electrode placed under the shoulder - like Dectro teach). I think clients like the feeling of both working at the same time for symmetry.

What do you think of a 'video' library on the site to show different working techniques? Just a thought geeks!

I was chatting with Janice from Hof the other day and she was saying how she doesn't bother with the inactive electrode under the shoulder, she uses the bar from the apilus electrolysis machine, which is what I do too.
I use the auto mode a lot and then concentrate on specific areas of concern with the probe.

clients can get a metallic taste in the mouth if they have crowns or fillings

my husband has not a single filling or crown and he still gets the metallic taste when having galvanic and nsfl treatments...

I've got the Carlton Ultra Visage and it uses metal probes.

I've just finished a course of treatments on my first client and having done a "before" photo, I was really nervous doing the "after" photo!!

However, I am delighted to say that I achieved a really wonderful result with visible lifting of facial features (jaw line and neck in particular) and an overall softening of lifting of lines and wrinkles. My client was really really pleased and is showing her photo off to everyone!

It's a fairly straightforward machine and starts of with a galavanic cleanse, circulation, lymphatic, lifting 1, lifting 2, Iontopherisis and PH balance programmes. All the programmes are automatic although you can override them if you want to for any reason. I personally haven't had a problem with using metal tips at all and although there can be a metallic taste in the mouth, they haven't caused any issues.

I'm really impressed with the Ultra-Visage and with the excellent customer service from Carlton now feel a lot more confident about marketing it to the wider public.

PB
x

I've got the Carlton Ultra Visage and it uses metal probes.

I've just finished a course of treatments on my first client and having done a "before" photo, I was really nervous doing the "after" photo!!

However, I am delighted to say that I achieved a really wonderful result with visible lifting of facial features (jaw line and neck in particular) and an overall softening of lifting of lines and wrinkles. My client was really really pleased and is showing her photo off to everyone!

It's a fairly straightforward machine and starts of with a galavanic cleanse, circulation, lymphatic, lifting 1, lifting 2, Iontopherisis and PH balance programmes. All the programmes are automatic although you can override them if you want to for any reason. I personally haven't had a problem with using metal tips at all and although there can be a metallic taste in the mouth, they haven't caused any issues.

I'm really impressed with the Ultra-Visage and with the excellent customer service from Carlton now feel a lot more confident about marketing it to the wider public.

PB
x

Ive been having this type of treatment and ive noticed the fine lines around my eyes are looking worse, can this happen?!?!?

my husband has not a single filling or crown and he still gets the metallic taste when having galvanic and nsfl treatments...

Each to their own Lynne. It's usually associated with galvanic treatments and metal in the mouth however perhaps there's something else that's causing the metalic taste and galvanic or non surgical face lift treatments.

Each to their own Lynne. It's usually associated with galvanic treatments and metal in the mouth however perhaps there's something else that's causing the metalic taste and galvanic or non surgical face lift treatments.

galvanic changes the PH of saliva that is what causes the metal taste in the mouth

Latest posts

Back