Microneedling - to use topical anaesthetic or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautySpotAoibh

Reaction score
Could anyone who does microneedling tell me if they use a topical anaesthetic or if they don't and how they find it? I don't use one at the moment but find I'm not getting the results I'd like because I need to go deeper and that'll be too painful on the client. Thanks

I don’t use it and get great results. I work to about 0.5 but use MCA alongside it to target fine lines etc. If you didn’t train with topical, you may need to do extra training. If you did, check with your insurance as I’m only allowed to use what I trained with. It’s becoming a very great area and the risk of anaphylaxis is real although not common. Bloody scary if it happens.

Vic x

I don’t use it and get great results. I work to about 0.5 but use MCA alongside it to target fine lines etc. If you didn’t train with topical, you may need to do extra training. If you did, check with your insurance as I’m only allowed to use what I trained with. It’s becoming a very great area and the risk of anaphylaxis is real although not common. Bloody scary if it happens.

Vic x
Thanks very much, yea I'm not sure I'd even be insured but I see a lot of businesses using it. I think I'll stay the way I am for now it might not be worth the risk.

Hello. I use an anesthetic when using a dermaroller 2.5 mm, for 0.5 mm I don`t use anything.

This is my favorite anesthetic :)

Attachments

• IMG_6884.JPG
    IMG_6884.JPG
    853.5 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back