MLM

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gina Ballerina

Reaction score
Being hounded by pesky MLM salespeople non stop then all of a sudden one just stops for no reason...
Had so many facts and figures in response to my 'no thank you we only stock professional brands'
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461703197.577092.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1461703231.892811.jpg

Ha ha. Love it. I get plagued by them xx

I am too at the mo, they make it all sound so fabulous but then when you get into the nitty gritty it's actually quite crap lol

I am too at the mo, they make it all sound so fabulous but then when you get into the nitty gritty it's actually quite crap lol

Not all are, I work in an MLM business and love the company, unfortunately due to some bad ones we all get tarred with the same brush.

Your questions were too much for her [emoji43][emoji43][emoji43] I'm not a fan of mlm companies. Most are all American and people seem to fall for the dream that they can make it big from them.

My post is going to be FULL of sad faces, as I can't even see the word MLM without letting out a groan.

My facebook is full of ppl that are starting up mlm. At least one a week pops up. :( From Avon, to Juiceplus, Forever to It Works, Younique to Nu Skin... its doing my head in!

As a friend, you feel like you want to support them, but seriously! I'm Dermalogica trained & could have trade accounts with some of the biggest skin care brands on the planet.... Are you seriously trying to tell me your cheap looking pot of mud compares to a high end facial? I can apply for trade cards/discounts with some of the biggest Make up Company's... why would I buy your s@@t mascara :( I try and stay supportive, I really do, as most of them have never head of MLM and whatever they are touting, is in their eyes a miracle, a fab product & a way to make a living but as a therapist I'm fed up with it!

I removed myself from a group SIX TIMES in one day and the friend kept adding me, jesus!! lol.

I have seen the success it can bring though. My partner worked with a lady that did so well with Mary Kay she was able to leave her (very well paid) day job, but she is very active in her church (her partner is a pastor) and started offering it before the market became saturated. Can anyone have this success?? Of course not! I think my biggest problems with it is the aggressive adverting/marketing- if they were applying the pitch to windows or tarmacking they would be accused of aggressive practice, but because its 'only Sally from the office' its deemed ok. AND ITS NOT!!

I stupidly filled out my details to a FL rep at Olympia last year. I thought I was entering a raffle type thing. I had a chat with her at the time & explained that I wasn't interested in buying from her in any way, shape or form, but I still had 5 voicemails, 3 emails and a txt message from her in the following weeks! Thats harassment! But its ok, she was only trying to make a living.....

AAAhhh, this has been very cleansing for the soul..... :D xx

Mikeybox your post is spot on! But again don't think all MLM companies or consultants are the same!

It's against some company practices to have FB groups, only FB pages, that way no one can be added against their will, it's just unprofessional.

My friends are my friends not an opportunity! and I picked the product carefully, I can't see the point in trying to sell an inferior product, it's all about customer experience and relationships.

Having said that I do steer clear of the FL, younique, avon, body shop etc. ! I'm food based!

I honestly don't tar you all with the same brush, but your right that the bad eggs spoil it for all.

I have a friend that sells FL. I have bought things from her in the past & she is not pushy at all, she's not aggressive or repetive & really believes in the products, it's just a shame not everyone is like that :(

I just don't like the 'cold calling' side to it & often wondered if it was promoted by the company's xx

My friend makes me laugh.

For a short term she was a sales person for an MLM company.

Her friend is a different MLM company who she endorses. Regularly.

When my sister was doing a 'chain letter' of sending one book to a child and receiving 6 back she refused to do it and was illegal because it's a pyramid scheme....

Sorry...what's MLM?! Far worse than a bit of fun and a book!

And it's one book for one kid. Does it matter if you don't get any back. Miserable ****.

i am a qualified trained dermalogica therapist unfortunately can no longer work in salons due to poor health but i signed up to nucerity because a. i tried an tested the product 2. they genuine want to help people with their skin conditions and problems The company believes in word of mouth instead of going into department stalls and selling through the big boys they want to help and support the small fries. 3 They also give you a money back guarantee if you see no effects to our skin. So dont tarnish all mlm companies research them fully and dont think oh im a therapist it has to be professional ever thought likes of elemis, dermalogica, declor over sell too. i mean when i was a dermalogica stockist i had to meet their needs spend £600 plus a month to keep my business on their website, keep my rep and all the supposed bonuses. then as a customer i used to have to buy cleanser toner exfoliator, moisturiser masque booster where as now i just have my cleanser my bottle of skincerity and spf that it not 6 plus products. To see to my dehydrated skin, pigmentation issues and anti-aging.

I've had recently people contact me from act labs and arborne and FM
The products look decent enough but what puts me off is the companies are chasing clients to use them. Normally as a therapist I research and decide who to use and place my order. Seems strange suppliers chasing buyers cxx

Latest posts

Back