MMA Nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mobile Nails

Reaction score
Hi friends

I am after a bit of advice.

I have aquired a new client and she has booked me up until Xmas so I am really chuffed. The only thing is she has nails already on that look suspiciously like they are from a NSS Salon. They look like bricks on the end of her fingers and she explained to me that she had her natural nails filed down before they were applied.

My instant reaction is to let the nails grow out and just keep doing infills as I am nervous about soaking off and finding the state of her natural nails are bad.

Do you think I can just keep infilling them until the MMA product has grown off to avoid further trauma to the nail, or would you risk it and start again?

My appointment is with her tomorrow.

XX
XX

I think you have made exactly the right decision. I much prefer to infill rather than cause additional trauma to the natural nail, not to mention what you might find underneath if you did do a soak off.

Go with infills until the NSS nails have grown out and then you can give your client a dazzling new set which will be worth the wait. In the meantime, she will have to wear a dark polish to cover any possible flaws in the different shades of acrylic. Good luck!

Hi Heather,

I agree with Chris on this one but it depends on how bad they are, one of my ladies has hers filed down and rebalanced every two weeks and three others that came from the same NSS salon had to have theirs removed which took me two hours, it differs really.

Your infill times will just take you longer because the product is a bugger to file down and you will notice a difference in colour but I just use a natural pink like Negligee over the top when I'm done to even out the colour.

Hope this helps!
xxxx

Thanks so much Chris and Rose,

I think I will try and infill each time and see how I go. I will explain to the client that her nails will take a while to look perfect, but like you said Chris hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thanks again

Heather X

Latest posts

Back