Mobile - Appointment Cancelling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahjs

Reaction score
Morning

Do any of you mobile therapists text or call your clients before there appoinment just basically to give them a reminder.
I've just contacted a client who had booked 2 spray tans later and she text me back saying she wanted to cancel as they were both two hungover! Now I wish I'd not texted and just gone there!!
I'm a little unsure now if to contact other clients or not, as in one way it gives them an oppurtunity to cancel and then in another way it saves to travelling to there home and them not being in.
Any advice would be great!! Thankyou :confused:

Morning

Do any of you mobile therapists text or call your clients before there appoinment just basically to give them a reminder.
I've just contacted a client who had booked 2 spray tans later and she text me back saying she wanted to cancel as they were both two hungover! Now I wish I'd not texted and just gone there!!
I'm a little unsure now if to contact other clients or not, as in one way it gives them an oppurtunity to cancel and then in another way it saves to travelling to there home and them not being in.
Any advice would be great!! Thankyou :confused:

I text every client these days. It can be very frustrating when they text back with some lame excuse but I would prefer that than sat about not knowing if they are going to turn up or not and it gives me the chance to ask anyone who might be waiting for a cancellation. Thankfully most of my clients are very curtious and give me notice of a cancellation or rescheduling. You will always get the odd bad egg though lol!

Yes it's difficult. I think if you find there's more clients cancelling when you remind them, then stop and just see how it goes without reminding them. You never know, it may improve! It's a good idea though to remind them as it gives that extra touch.
I'm a mobile therapist and have now stopped reminding them just to see.

:hug:

Hi im mobile and I always remind with a txt if it has been a while since they booked, as I have turned up before and they had forgotten and were at Tesco:irked:. But it was a real excuse as she is a regular.
Yes it does give them a chance to cancel. But I tend to txt the day before there appointment, so at least you then have time to fill there space if they do, to be honest if there going to cancel, they may well not have been there when you got there and it would have been a waste of time and money. I think in the long run it's best and also looks proffesional and organised too.xx

Now I wish I'd not texted and just gone there!!
If you hadn't sent a text you could have got there and they would'nt have opened the door!

I like the idea of texting, but if you start, your clients will soon rely on this reminder and the day you stop or forget to text, your clients will forget their appointments:eek:

jes

Hi,

With my regular clients, after they've had their treatment and they're just about to pay me, I get my diary out and book them their next appointment, then I offer them my pen and say, 'Would you like to write it down on your calendar or diary!?'
9 times out of 10 they do straight away, so I have no need to text them!
But the new clients who ring and book, at the end of the conversation, I usually ask them to repeat back to me their appointment so I know they've written it down! :)

Hi,

With my regular clients, after they've had their treatment and they're just about to pay me, I get my diary out and book them their next appointment, then I offer them my pen and say, 'Would you like to write it down on your calendar or diary!?'
9 times out of 10 they do straight away, so I have no need to text them!
But the new clients who ring and book, at the end of the conversation, I usually ask them to repeat back to me their appointment so I know they've written it down! :)

Nice tactics!! I like that idea and may pinch it if thats ok!!

Thanks so much

xx

Latest posts

Back