Mobile beauty in Ireland?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautymaven

Reaction score
I'm thinking of going mobile once qualified and I've been doing some research. From what I've found mobile doesn't seem to be as popular here. There seems to a big demand for it in the UK but I've only found one or two therapists here offering it.

Is there the demand for it and not a lot of people doing it, or is it just something that's not that popular here? Any Irish geeks currently working mobile or did in the past?

How did you find it?

I did a lot of it in the past not so much now though, I found it was always evening work for me which suited as I work full time but I suppose it depends on who you are targeting as such, if it's the school mammies you might have more during the day

i do think there is a demand for it in Ireland, I just think that because people generally are more spread out it doesn't always become a cost effective way to run a business :)

I have a few beauty friends who do mobile, but i feel for them as there trekking all over the county trying to fit everyone in, if your get a no show or last min cancelation it can really mess your day up as you'll have time wasted hanging around until your next client.

I'm form Cork myself so maybe if your based in Dublin it wouldn't be such an issue, but most people tend to work from home around here that call out to the house, although i know there are a few therapist who do mobile i thnk they are in the minority

i do think there is a demand for it in Ireland, I just think that because people generally are more spread out it doesn't always become a cost effective way to run a business :)

I have a few beauty friends who do mobile, but i feel for them as there trekking all over the county trying to fit everyone in, if your get a no show or last min cancelation it can really mess your day up as you'll have time wasted hanging around until your next client.

I'm form Cork myself so maybe if your based in Dublin it wouldn't be such an issue, but most people tend to work from home around here that call out to the house, although i know there are a few therapist who do mobile i thnk they are in the minority

I can see what you mean about travelling, I'm not rural as such but it's not a city either so no shows or cancellations would involve so much wasted time. Also, like Murnettie said a lot of my clients would be mums on the school run so would need something during the day - lots to think about - thanks for the replies

I just hate lugging all the stuff Round and afraid I'll forget something so I it do mobile for those who don't have cars

Do you have an existing client base or would you have to build it up? Where i am their as so many salons around at such competitive prices it wouldn't be worthwhile. You might work out better setting up a room at home.

I'd have to build it up. I'm at a disadvantage really in that I live in a council property and have been told I cannot use the home for business purposes, so mobile is really the only option I have.

Latest posts

Back