Mobile or Salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyonex

Reaction score
Has anyone gone from college straight into mobile hairdressing? That,s want I had planned to do when I first decided to change carrear, Have completed nvq2 and currentley doing nvq 3 full time which I have to say in total has cost alot of money, but i,ve come across alot of people that I speak to say I really need the salon experience or i won,t be that good. Really did,nt want to go that route as i want to work for myself but am now thinking if i don,t do salon 1 day 2 day ect i will be lacking in experience and confidence. Anyone else had this happen would really appreciate ur feed back xxx

I would def recommend going into a salon for a bit Hun especially if you haven't trained in one just because you learn all the tricks of the trade from people with loads of experience and youve got that help 'just incase' anything goes wrong as you still will have lots to learn. It's like driving you don't really learn until your let loose :)

Even go in part time maybe a couple of days a week then the rest do mobile and it gives ya money until you get your clients built up :)

You definitely need salon experience before u go mobile, no doubt about it

Deffo do salon for a couple of years mate , prob not what you want to hear but without being patronizing you only really learn the basics in college the rest Is on the job training. I do mobile and salon at the mo and I still question myself and need help sometimes and I've been doing it years! It builds your confidence and you learn how to deal with clients sometimes unrealistic demands ect! X

Latest posts

Back