Mobile or work from home??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsy

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a mobile work station but can't decide whether to go mobile or get a larger work station for home use. Is it worth the hassle of being mobile, do you think i'll get more work if i am mobile? :confused:

Hi ya hun!

I work both mobile and from home a few of my clients prefer to come to me they say they enjoy the peace and quiet from the kids lol

Working from home is defenatly cheaper as you have minimal layout just products etc but it all depends on you i think what would you prefer to do? I like working from home because it give me chance to do odd jobs around the house inbetween appiontments but saying that i also enjoy getting out of the house and working in different surroundings.

When new clients call i give them the option i say i can visit them or the can come to me.

I suppose aswell it depends on what suits your lifestyle better.

As for getting more work i find i get more clients wanting to come to me.

hth

glittergirl said:
Hi ya hun!

I work both mobile and from home a few of my clients prefer to come to me they say they enjoy the peace and quiet from the kids lol

Working from home is defenatly cheaper as you have minimal layout just products etc but it all depends on you i think what would you prefer to do? I like working from home because it give me chance to do odd jobs around the house inbetween appiontments but saying that i also enjoy getting out of the house and working in different surroundings.

When new clients call i give them the option i say i can visit them or the can come to me.

I suppose aswell it depends on what suits your lifestyle better.

As for getting more work i find i get more clients wanting to come to me.

hth
Thanks, yes it is easier to work from home especially since i can only work evenings and weekends since i work full time in an office. Maybe i'll get a mobile table and use that at home too just incase. Mmm still not sure....

I have used a mobile table for the last 12 months as I too was undecided on whether to go mobile or not. I have never done nails mobile and I really can't see me doing them mobile now either. I have just bought a bigger desk but I will keep the mobile one jic I need it in the future.

Yes i'm umming and eerring about which table to get, i might go for the mobile one, it'll take up less room in my already crowded kitchen, i could always change it in the future i suppose.

Thanks

definitley work from home. you can fit more clients in- no travel time=more money.

Hi there

I rented a room once but now I do mobile.
I bought a small manicure table with wheels from Sally's last year, the legs fold up underneath and it cost about £50 been a great item. Used it in the salon as well.

It's good to give the client an option of either your home or mobile if you can do it. Some people can't travel out because of kids and not having a baby sitter, but as said previously some prefer to get away! Much easier for you though if you can do it at home, sometimes it's a pain having to lug all your stuff about, and make sure you've not forgotten something.

This Sat I have 5hrs of work at someone's house for 2 of them! They want pedicures, gel nails, massage, facials, lash tinting, waxing! Great work but with all those different treatments my car will be fully loaded, I've allowed half an hour just to set up! Still can't complain! lol Lunch and champagne is in order so I've been told! Better not have too many glasses.

Deb379

Hiya,

I'm a mobile but I also have clients come to me & i use my conservatory which houses my dining room table. I don't use a mobile table at all when I'm out, I have a large towel/table protector and place my arm rest on that covered with couch roll and use the clients table. Or ironing board if no table is available.

I would say it's about 50/50 on being out and clients coming to me - I would prefer them all to come to me espeacially during the winter months, I also do waxing but my home only, I can't get up the will power to load all my waxing gear in the car too!

I mostly do nails from home because its easier and oddly enough my ladies like the atmosphere in my house,( Dinner cooking my girls arguing Paul making coffee and tea).I do have a couple of ladies which i drive to but one of them doesnt drive and i've been seeing her for 5 years and the other is in a wheelchair and i havent got a ramp as yet.

deb x x

I am mobile but have just set up a home salon and really want to use it all the time cos I love it. I do like being mobile too though as I like going to other peoples houses and being nosey!! - lol!

do you need a licence to work from home??

Latest posts

Back