Mobile prices?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clairethehair

Reaction score
I'm closing my salon based business and returning to mobile hairdressing and wondered how to go about my pricing. Am I expected to reduce my prices just because I'm mobile???? I already have very competitive prices and I shan't be delivering a lesser quality service because I'm mobile. I don't want to work for peanuts, some mobiles locally are ridiculously cheap. How does everyone else set their price lists.

I would stick with your prices as they are now, unless any need increasing!? Value your service & professionalism! Never reduce!! If anything some people think of a mobile service as a premium because your saving the client the hassle of going out, possibly having to pay for parking etc, also it's much more personal having someone come to your home! Good luck on your change!

I think I would raise my prices by 5% across the board but then give my existing clients a discount of 5% on their first appointment.
Definitely don't go cheaper.
A price rise might get rid of any undesirable clients you might currently have?! ;)

Work smarter, not harder.

@fluffy26 and @CFBS are correct. Don't reduce your prices but increase them. You're offering your clients a bespoke 1:1 service free of interruption of normal salon life. You will be sat around doing virtually nothing for your business whilst waiting for colours to develop, whereas previously you could book a cut/blow during a colour appt. so that all your time in the salon was spent effectively.

You also have to consider the time and costs spent travelling between appointments.

Find those clients that value that type of service. They are the ones I have. ;)

Thank you all for your positive replies, they are very much appreciated. I shall definitely not reduce my prices and will increase my less desirable ones [emoji8].

Agree with all of the above. There used to be be a bit of snobbery about mobile hairdressers in the salon I worked in, I think the boss would encourage that attitude to stop everyone leaving and becoming self employed.

The old saying goes, pay peanuts get monkeys, you get what you pay for etc. Work out what you want to earn an hour and do the maths. There are advantages and disadvantages to being salon based or freelance but I love the freedom of being mobile. Good luck

I am sooooo looking forward to the freedom [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back