Mobile Set Up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveh

Reaction score
Hey Geeks! :green:

I'm currently doing my level 2 through a private college and everything is going well. It's a fast track course over 26 weeks and the amount of practical is amazing! I love it, definitely the career for me :)

Anyways, i plan to go mobile once i've finished, whilst doing my NVQ level 3 one full day a week. My question is, however, what is the average mobile set up costs these days? How much would you say i'd need to buy all my stuff i need? An average figure of what you experienced mobiles would think will give me a rough idea of what i need to save up for etc.

Also, as my course is fast track and the amount of practical is amazing compared to what it was when i tried to do it at college years ago, i still feel i might need a little more experience before i dive into mobile. Working for a salon is pretty much out of the question, as none are every hiring and to be honest i don't want to work for someone else. However, i've seen a few DvD sets online from pro hairdressers. Obviously i'll have learnt all the NVQ related stuff at during the 26 weeks, but these DvDs, mixed with a few courses at an academy (advanced cutting/colour), do you think would give me more experience and practical based learning/ideas? What do you guys think? Any experience with these DvDs and do they help teach you hints and tip to cutting techniques and more advanced styling/finishing? Also any other info how i could get that bit more experience without working in a salon would be great.

Thanks in advance

David x

Latest posts

Back