Mobile techs

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exceptionail

Reaction score
hello

I'm currently working in a salon as a therapist 20miles away from where i live. but my passion is nails & ideally i want to set up a mobile business within my own area. i have tried mobiling b4 but i let the worry of cash flow get in the way.

what is the best way to start up on my own?
best way of advertising?
and how long should i expect to wait for a good client base to build up?

hope you can help.

thanks.xxx

hi i do it from home , and it has taken me a year to build it up a bit . partly my fault coz i didnt push my advertising ,
i have found it good to leave cards in shops (vistaprint are free :D ) so it wont cost u a fortune
i did flyers and got the girl next door to deliver em , did pre xmas pampering deals ,
dont bother with news paper ads , i spent a fortune and didnt get 1 client
if u can get an ad in yp, people say they get a lot a business from it , mine comes out this month
maybe give your cards to virgin v, avon, ann summers reps and ask them to put a card in with the peoples orders, u can give the rep a free manicure or whatever
if i think of anything else i will let u know , but i am sure u will get loads of ideas off the site

thanks for that dee.:)

i Have tried the local paper before. it so doesn't work. i suppose if you've got a big business and can afford a half page spread then your ad may get noticed but for my budget it most def isn't the way forward.

do u know what the cut off date is for the yellow pages?

like the idea for the ann summers, avon, etc. that would work well.

one last thing, if iwas to set up a room at home who would i need to infrom?

thanks xxx

exceptionail said:
one last thing, if iwas to set up a room at home who would i need to infrom?
Officially you should notify the planning department of you Council, your mortgage company and you home insurance. But most people don't as it causes too many headaches, and plead innocence!!

exceptionail said:
hello

I'm currently working in a salon as a therapist 20miles away from where i live. but my passion is nails & ideally i want to set up a mobile business within my own area. i have tried mobiling b4 but i let the worry of cash flow get in the way.

what is the best way to start up on my own?
best way of advertising?
and how long should i expect to wait for a good client base to build up?

hope you can help.

thanks.xxx
Hi Exceptionail - I don't know if you have heard of Cuticles but they are a franchise company dealing with mobile teks in a most professional and exciting way! Cathy (one of the Directors) and known as Cuticles on the site would be sure to help you with info!! PM her and let her know!!

I find I have had a great responce by having a load of my, self printed and self laminated, business cards and flyers in my handbag or car. And I give them out to anyone who will take one. Especially the pubs, shops, businesses, and on the train or bus. Businesses have lady employees.........get the drift???
And people tell people.
Sherry

www.nailetc.tk

Latest posts

Back