Mobile therapists - receipts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sugarsalon

Reaction score
hi all you mobile nail techs / therapists. just wondered if you give receipts to your clients, or if we are required to by law?

thanks in advance

I don't give out receipts but if the client pays for anything more than they've had (ie they've bought a gift voucher, a course of tans or given a deposit for future booking) I always follow it up with an acknowledgement email or text.

I guess you would need to record it in your accounts for the tax man too!
Posted via Mobile Device

I use the backs of my business cards. This means the client then has tons of cards in her bag, so when someone asks about how she got her tan they can pass on my card too!

Kate x

I guess you would need to record it in your accounts for the tax man too!
Posted via Mobile Device

Well as I only operate part time and don't do a huge amount of business, I find it easy to keep detailed records of every single tan I carry out. I even list in my accounts book which solution they had, when I opened new bottles (to calculate how many tans per bottle), what number appointment each client is on (to verify their loyaty scheme freebie) and, sadly you might say, my tips ......

Well as I only operate part time and don't do a huge amount of business, I find it easy to keep detailed records of every single tan I carry out. I even list in my accounts book which solution they had, when I opened new bottles (to calculate how many tans per bottle), what number appointment each client is on (to verify their loyaty scheme freebie) and, sadly you might say, my tips ......

Wow thats organised! :eek:

My diary is just a scribbly mess with clients details lol. They rebook and I then spend 15 minutes madly trying to locate the last time I entered their address in my diary (because my geography is bad too I need my sat nav to tell me where to go).

So much so I opened a zip on my kit bag the other night and found £40...

At least the other side of my business is organised - no thanks to an accountant!

Think I need one of those account books. Thats if I ever remember to write in it. x

It's good practise and looks professional to offer receipts to your clients. Those little receipt books, from places like W H Smiths, allow you to make a carbon copy for your records too:)

Latest posts

Back