Monomer on skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have just been watching a dvd by a ez flow tech and was wondering the following ;

are all liquid monomers different. being creative trained we are taught never to touch or flood the skin/cuticle with it and always be careful on using it.

on the dvd i have been watching the brush is touching the skin on many occaisions and i am now asking myself is this ok or not !!!!!

i know that sometimes as long as there is no monomer in the brush you can shaprpen up smile lines etc but this was patting on the nail with bristles touching the cuticle area

i am right in saying that this is exposure and could lead to a allergic reaction at some stage. maybe i am wrong but am feeling a little unsure.

i though all liquid monomers were of a similar stance so overexposure and allergic reactions wold go hand and foot. maybe i am wrong.

please could anyone clarify this for me as am questioning what i thought was right !!!!

To get the best answer on this you would be best asking Anthony Buckley. Hes an educator for EZFlow and he is online here sometimes. Just cant remeber his username........hope that this kinda helps.

You do not need to ask Anthony Buckley .... you have had your training and your instinct is correct ... monomer should never touch the client's skin as it is definitely exposure that if done repeatedly will lead to overexposure and allergic reaction.
Some videos are better than others and some should practice what they preach.

have just emailed him to find out thanks gigi

hanydanialis said:
have just emailed him to find out thanks gigi

I am 100% sure that Antony would agree with Gigi on this one. Monomer should not be touching the skin at any time during a service. Some of the dvd and step by steps wrongly show this happening which is wrong imo.

ok, monomer on skin - definite no!

Latest posts

Back