MORE Bad ads?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sara Satchell

Reaction score
Along the lines of bad advertising again - I had a thought earlier :idea: !

NSI promote their Perma Gloss Gel topcoat by saying "Stops Lifting Cold" - I know for a fact that it doesn't. I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the only thing (other than accidental/intentional damage to an enhancement) to stop lifting was to perform a thorough prep?

When I first bought it I thought i'd struck gold - the solution to all my problems - a product that you simply painted on like polish and hey presto - no more lifting :rolleyes:

Huh, I have never seen it advertised like that. I am not sure how a top coat would stop lifting. It would be interesting to get some NSI users (and even educators) to let us know their train of thought.

It is written in the brochure..

i worked in a salon that used nsi before I did my creative course (which I passed:cool:) and i can tell you that it definately doesn't "stop lifting cold".

I've never seen it advertised that way either, though.

Funnily enough I had a NSI catalogue come through this morning so I've just had a look, and Sara's right:
"A brush-on clear gel that seals and protects all acrylic surfaces against waterm acetone, oil and household chemicals. Stops lifting cold! Perma Gloss acts as an impenetrable shield, keeping nails looking 'salon new' longer than ever before."
Most odd!

I have it and have used it, it is just like a gel topcoat for acrylic (dont know how its different from other topcoat gels??) but they advertise it in a way that suggests you can still clean your loo without gloves etc!! think its good that it stops the acrylic going gooey after polish remover but other than that i dont see how it stops lifting? im sure if prep wasnt done properly you'd get lifting no matter how many coats of perma gloss you applied!

Latest posts

Back